Chapter 7

(Alby's POV)

"Get the Serum! Hurry!" I rushed on Clint and Jeff.

They quickly got the Serum and stuck a needle with Serum into her vein.

"How did she get stung?" I ask Minho with Newt by my side.

"I already told you, she didn't get stung. She came from the Glade, not from the Maze. It ain't possible that she got stung." Minho told us while trying to sound convincing.

I looked at Newt. He was looking down at the grass with a fixedly look.

"What are you thinking, Newt?" I ask him.

"It's just a theory, but if she didn't get stung.. Minho, you said that she hurt her shoulder. What if her shoulder got infected by Griever-slime? Maybe there was Griever-slime on the wall, where she hit her shoulder. That may also be the reason she freaked out." Newt was pretty convincing, but it didn't seem possible.

"How is that even possible?" I ask Newt.

"How is a Griever even possible?" Minho says and leaves.

"We need to keep an eye on her a lot. The Transformation will happen soon." I said and walked away.

(Newt's POV)

When Alby was gone i walked over to the med-jacks hut. Clint and Jeff were in there, when i opened the door. They talked and looked at the girl from time to time.

"Hey Newt." Jeff said when they saw me coming in.

"Hi." I said and walked over to them.

"Do you want to shift? We are starving." Clint said and stood up, expecting a yes.

"Yeah, of course." I answered and they left with quick steps.

I sat down on the chair beside the bed the girl was lying in. I saw a little paper in her trouser pocket, so i carefully took it out and looked at it.

"Crank experiment" it said. The word "crank" sounded so familiar, but i didn't remember what it meant. I folded the paper twice and put it in my own trouser pocket.

I looked at her shoulder. Her veins was still black and it looked like it was spreading slowly.

"That's weird.." I said and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's weird?" A worn out voice said. I looked at the girl and saw her opening her eyes. I don't know if it was just me, but it looked like her eyes was turning dark red or black, but then she blinked and i looked away.

"Oh, nothing." I said and gave her a smile, while trying not to show her that i was a little worried.

"I didn't tell you my name. It's Annabelle, but you can call me Anna." She said and sat up in the bed.

"Oh, what a unique name! I'm Newt." I said to Anna. I found the name very special, but i think unique was a great word for it. The name also suited her a lot. Anna suddenly made a painful grimace.

"Oowww, my head hurts." She said and closed her eyes for about five seconds.

"Can i get you something?" I asked her nicely.

"Shut up! I told you my head hurts!" She suddenly screamed and went from exhausted to aggressive. She took her hands up to cover her ears and madly looked at me for what felt like forever. I swear i saw red, almost black colours in her eyes. I stood up and slowly walked backwards while keeping my eyes on her.