Chapter 17

(Newt's POV)

Last night was fun. Even though i didn't do much, i was having a good time and i laughed. Minho, Chuck and Gally made Anna drink Gally's mixture and that didn't end well. She spat everything out and everyone started laughing, including me. It didn't seem like she cared, but i saw her cheeks turning bright red. Then later on, she was playing Truth or Dare with Gally and Minho, and then she suddenly kissed me on the cheek. I felt kinda tough when she chose me instead of Gally, even though it didn't mean anything.

I stood up and stretched my legs and arms. Minho and Thomas was already waiting in front of the Maze doors, so i walked over to them.

"Hey Newt." Thomas said and waved at me. I nodded back at him.

"So are we leaving today?" I asked them with a questioning look.

"Yeah, if we find the thing that is gonna get us out of here." Minho said. The walls started cracking and cold air leaked out of the Maze into the Glade. Mino and Thomas prepared themselves and sprinted inside the Maze, as soon as the doors were fully open.

I looked back at the Garden, where the other Gladers started to wake up. Some of them waved at me, and i waved back. I remembered Anna and that she was still sleeping inside the Homestead. I walked towards the Homestead. People were excited today. Most of them believe that there is a way out. I don't know what i believe, but i'm definitely gonna follow Minho and Thomas. When i got inside the Homestead, i walked up the stairs and stopped in front of the door to Anna's room. I knocked twice before i let myself in. Anna was sleeping with a blanket between her legs and one hand under the pillow. Her nightdress which usually reached her knees, now ended on the middle of her thighs, which made her long soft legs visible. I walked up beside the bed and planted my hand on her shoulder, before i shaked Anna carefully.

"Rise and shine, love." I whispered. Anna mumbled something unintelligible, before she turned around in the bed and covered her head with the pillow. I let out a short laugh before i gently shook her again.

"Anna, it's me, Newt. You have to get up now." I said and then she finally sat up in the bed and looked at me with tired eyes.

"Thank you for disturbing my dream." She said and rubbed her eyes.

"No problem. Meet me at the Garden, when you are done eating your breakfast." I said sarcastically and felt a little bad for not bringing her breakfast, like she did for me yesterday.

I walked out of the Homestead and towards the eating place, where i grabbed a plate and started eating.