Chapter 19

(Minho's POV)

Thomas and i leaded the group. We stopped at every corner, and checked it for Grievers.

"Come on!" I yelled and everyone ran after us. The sky was turning darker and darker and we all knew we had to hurry.

"Stoop!" Newt yelled from behind. We stopped and turned around to look at him. Newt and Alby was holding an arm around Anna. She didn't look good and they almost had to drag her. I saw someone running away a few metres behind Newt. I recognized one of them. Ben and two more ran back again towards the Glade.

"Goddamn!" I yelled and punched the wall. Some of the boys gasped. Ben was one of my best friends and i couldn't believe he just ran back.

"We can't have everyone turn their bloody back on us!" Newt shouted to every Glader. I nodded to him and we started running again. We were pretty close to the "gate", Thomas and i found earlier, when we heard something screaming or roaring far away. The Grievers were here. The boys started to make noise, and i commanded them to shut up;

"Shut up, we are getting too much attention!" I said with a low voice. We stopped at the last corner, before the gate, and i took a look towards the gate. Four huge creatures were standing in front of the gate, like they were protecting it. They made strange noises and moved like a coiled sowbug.

"We got four Grievers in front of the gate." I whispered and the Gladers prepared themselves.

"On my signal.." I waited a little, before i ran with roaring Gladers behind me. The Grievers reacted immediately and pointed spikes at us. Everyone attacked the Grievers. I saw a few people falling to the ground screaming, before the Grievers crushed them. A Griever came at me. I tried to stab it with my spear, but i just hit a metal thing on the Griever. The Griever lifted me up with some kind of claw and i tried to punch it, but nothing worked. Suddenly the Griever let go of me and i fell to the ground. Anna came to help me and stabbed the Griever in the mouth, before it screamed and fell to the ground. Anna helped me up even though she was weak. I stayed by her side and helped the other Gladers.

"Open the gate!" Alby screamed from somewhere. Newt, Anna and i ran past two Grievers and towards the gate. Newt pulled out a little note and wrote something on a little screen beside the gate. Anna helped him and i made sure no Griever attacked us. The Grievers screamed furiously. Another Griever fell to the ground and then one more. There was only one Griever left, when four more Grievers crawled up from the abyss beside the floor.

"It's open!" Newt yelled. I shouted and screamed for what was left of the group, that we could go. Newt and Anna crawled inside the gate and disappeared. Only six people made it through, before me. I was the last one, and just in time before a Griever tried to grab me.