Chapter 15

(Annabelle's POV)

I waved Minho goodbye even though he wasn't looking at me. I started walking towards the Homestead.

Minho was a good guy. He was my best friend after Newt. Well, of course Minho could be a pain in the ass sometimes, but he was funny and sassy, which made everything better. I tiptoed up the stairs, so i wouldn't wake Newt. The door into the room, Newt was sleeping in, creaked a little when i opened it. To my relief, Newt was still sleeping, but not snoring anymore. I walked over to him and placed Newt's breakfast on the bedside table. I sat down on the bed and rested my head on my knees. Newt was sleeping peacefully. His chest was moving up and down. His tousled hair looked perfect, even though it was a bit oily. I don't know if it was just me, but i think i saw a little smile spreading on his precious face.

"You know, it is bloody impolite to watch someone sleeping." Newt suddenly said with his enchanting accent and opened his eyes. I felt my cheeks turning red as fast as a lightning and i am pretty sure i looked like a tomato, because Newt started laughing.

"I.. I wasn't watching you.. I was just thinking." I said shyly and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Then what were you thinking about?" He asked, but i just tried to change the subject.

"I brought you breakfast." I said and pointed at the plate with bacon, sausages and eggs.

Newt took the plate and ate a piece of bacon.

"This is bloody delicious." He said and smiled at me. To my surprise, it send goosebumps down my spine. What was going on with me?

"So, i figured it was time for me to do something. Like the rest of you guys?" I said and waited for Newt to finish chewing.

"Yeah, of course, now that you are getting better. What do you say about working in the garden with me today?" He asked me and there was nothing i'd rather do more.

"That would be great." I answered, trying not to sound too happy about it.

"Then let's get started." Newt said as he finished his breakfast.

(Newt's POV)

"So if you just collect all the berries, i will go talk to Alby. If you need help with anything or have questions, you can ask Zart, okay?" I said to Anna and she nodded. I walked away from the Garden, towards Alby.

"How is she doing?" Alby asked me as soon as i reached him.

"She's doing great today. A lot better." I answered him and looked at Anna. She was laughing at something Zart told her.

"Yeah i bet she is. She came to get some breakfast for you earlier. She looked pretty happy. But if i were you, i would stay away from Minho and Gally." He said and gave me a friendly slap on my shoulder.

"Why?" I looked at him for response, but he just shrugged and laughed.

"I've thought about something. Annabelle has had a hard beginning here, and we didn't arrange a party for her, so what about we do that tonight? We can also celebrate that we are almost out of here." Alby said and i nodded. I pulled out the note with the code from my trouser pocket and showed it to Alby.

"I found this note in Anna's trouser pocket. Thomas and i have a theory. We think it is some kind of code, that can be used somewhere in the maze." I said.

"We will leave tomorrow, if Minho and Thomas finds anything in the Maze, and we'll take the code with us." He said and glanced at Anna.

"We only have one syringe with the Bliss left. I will inject her with it tonight, so we won't get trouble at night." Alby nodded and i went back to work.

Author's note: You'll get two chapters today, because i forgot to post one yesterday, silly me.

Hope you enjoy this chapter and let me know if you find any bad mistakes.