Chapter 14

(Annabelle's POV)

I woke up because of the strong light from the sun, who had just arrived over the Glade. I stretched my legs and arms and stood up. I was just about to walk out of the door, when i heard snoring. It came from behind me, so i turned around and saw Newt sleeping in a funny position on a chair beside the bed, i slept in. He looked cute, but also a little bit devastated and i kinda knew it was because of me. I've caused so much trouble for Newt and the rest of the Glade, but i would make it better. I felt happy and almost like a new person, just ignoring the fact, that something was wrong with me. I snuck over to Newt and quickly kissed him on his forehead, before i happily jumped down the stairs, while giggling silently, like a little child.

(Alby's POV)

I just finished eating my breakfast, when Annabelle came skipping over to Frypan. She was looking a lot better than the last few days. She smiled at Frypan and took a plate with today's breakfast. I waved her over, and she sat down in front of Minho.

"Goodmorning." She said and smiled.

"Someone slept well. I wonder why.." Minho joked. I gave him an elbow in the side and he reacted with an "ouff". Annabelle rolled her eyes and giggled.

"Newt's still sleeping. I didn't want to wake him up yet." Annabelle said and took a big bite from her bread.

"Where did Newt sleep last night?" Gally sat down with his breakfast beside Annabelle.

"He slept in the Homestead.. With Anna.." Minho and Gally broke out in laughter.

"That's enough! Get back to work you two Shanks!" I commanded. Minho and Gally walked out of the eating place, both laughing. In a hurry Annabelle emptied the rest of her plate and stood up. She gave me an apologizing look and went over to grab another plate.

"It's for Newt." She told Frypan and walked away.

(Annabelle's POV)

"Hello again, Anna." Someone suddenly grabbed my shoulder, so i almost dropped the plate with breakfast for Newt.

"Ey, careful there Shank." I said to him, while trying to sound a bit like Alby.

"So why was Newt sleeping with you?" Minho asked teasing.

"I think i had my 'daily' blackout-thing." I answered him irritated.

"Soo, where did he sleep?" Minho kept asking those stupid questions. I just hit him with a clenched fist on his shoulder as an answer.

"Ouch! How can a girl hit like that?" He said and rubbed his shoulder. I send him a proud but threatening smile and changed the subject.

"So when are we going to leave this rotten hole?" I crossed my arms.

"Maybe, if you let me go, i would be able to find a way out." He said and smiled, before he turned around and ran towards the Maze doors, who were about to open.