Chapter 18

(Annabelle's POV)

Everyone was waiting outside the Maze. Minho and Thomas just turned a corner and jogged the rest of the way to the Glade.

"Did you find anything?" A unknown Glader to me, asked Minho. Minho and Thomas gasped for their breath, so we gave them a minute.

"There's.. An opening.. In Section 7.. But we need the code.." Minho said exhausted.

I looked at Newt and he nodded to both of us. We were going to leave this place today. I noticed that my arm was slowly starting to hurt again, but i didn't tell anyone, not even Newt. There was nothing they could to about it.

Alby told everyone to gather as many effective weapons as possible, so we were prepared if we saw Grievers. Frypan made a huge portion of dinner, so no one would get hungry at the moment. Newt and i was gathering weapons, which we were supposed to place in front of the Maze doors. We walked towards the Maze doors, with our hands full of weapons, when i suddenly felt a spasm of pain in my left arm. I accidently dropped all the weapons in the grass and screamed inside myself. Newt also dropped his handful weapons and dashed towards me.

"What's wrong?" He asked anxiously and grabbed my hands. I pulled my hands out of his and gathered all the weapons again, while trying to ignore the sharp pain in my arm.

"N.. Nothing." I said and started to walk. I felt Newt''s eyes on my back, but i just kept walking. Then he gathered his weapons and limped over to me.

"Are you sure nothing's wrong?" He asked and looked at me.

"Yeah, i just think i touched something sharp.." I said convincing. Newt shrugged, but didn't completely forget about it. We dropped the weapons in front of the Maze doors, and went back to the other boys.

(Newt's POV)

I held an eye on Anna every now and then. She was acting a little weird and i was afraid that it was something with her arm again, but she told me that she was fine. I didn't completely believe in that, but she told me to leave her alone. It bothered me, that i felt like i didn't know the truth, but i did as she told me to, and continued my work.

Alby gathered us around the bonfire.

"Everything is settled and ready, so now's the time to leave, before night comes!" Alby said and some boys cheered on him.

"You take at least one weapon. Everyone looks out for each other inside the Maze. We got each others back!" He yelled.

"Who's with me?" He yelled and almost every Glader ran over to him, including Anna, Minho, Thomas, Chuck and i. A few Gladers didn't want to come with us. They said that we were trying to kill ourselves. Gally and his stupid gang, were some of them. They were going crazy and telling us, that we were insane, but that didn't stop us.

"LET'S GO!" He yelled and raised his hand. We ran towards the Maze doors and grabbed a weapon, before we ran into the Maze. 

Author's note:

Two chapters today, because silly/lazy me forgot to post a chapter yesterday, so i apologize on my own ways..

ByEeEe.