Chapter 10

(Thomas' POV)

Minho and i had just arrived in the Glade. We were tired and exhausted from the run in the Maze today. It had been a crazy run. I almost got killed by a Griever, but then everything turned around and the Griever got killed by me. Of course i was proud, but my body was still shaking, because i was terrified back then. I could either get killed by the Griever or by the moving wall, that crushed the Griever. When it died, something came loose from it. A little metal thing, with the number 7 on it. Minho thought it had something to do with Section 7 and i am not sure what i thought.

(Minho's POV)

Thomas and i was walking slowly towards the map room. I don't think we had ever been this exhausted and tired after a run in the Maze. We drew the daily map of our Section, left the metal thing hidden in the map room, and went out to get some food.

"When do we tell Alby about the Griever and what happened in the Maze today?" Thomas suddenly asked me with his mouth full of Frypan's sandwich.

"When we are done eating." I told him and continued to eat.

"Do you think.." Thomas started but i interrupted him.

"Shut up, Greenie, and finish your sandwich." I told Thomas and he sighed displeased.

When we were done eating, we went straight to Alby and told him everything.

(Newt's POV)

I woke up by the sound of someone speaking. I rubbed my eyes and looked at Anna. She was still sleeping and i think she was sleep talking too.

"4." She said and were quiet for a half minute.

"8." Pause.

"3". Long pause as if she started over.

"7." Pause.

"1." Pause again.

"5." Pause.

"2." Pause...

"6." 

And then she started over again:

"4. 8. 3." 

I quickly found a paper and something to write with, and wrote the numbers down.

After she said the numbers for the 5th time, she stopped and everything got quiet again.

The numbers must be some kind of code. I stood up, with the paper folded in my hand, ready to tell Alby about it, when Anna grabbed my hand. My whole body tickled for a moment, when she touched my hand.

"Stay." She said still holding my hand. I sat down again and looked at her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her, while she was looking at the ceiling in the hut.

"Still terrible, but better." Anna answered. She did look a little better.

"What happened?" Anna suddenly asked me.

"You don't remember?" I asked her confused.

"I remember you telling me your name. Newt." She looked deeply into my eyes now, and i think i saw a little smile on her face, but it disappeared as fast as i saw it.

"Do you guys have a shower here?" I got a little disappointed when she changed the subject.

"Yeah, we do. Follow me." I helped her down from the bed and when we got out of the med-jacks hut, she just let go of my hand, which made me even more disappointed, but i didn't show it.

Author's note:

I am so busy again, so i have to post Chapter 11 on thursday next week.

Sorry. :))