Chapter 3: Yo Ho Uh Oh

A/N:

I apologize my lovelies for not updating and leaving you on a cliffhanger! This has been the busiest summer I've had by far. I wasn't even this busy during school. And I'm not busy going on vacations. I've got homework and I'm at a violin camp and ya. I'm so sorry again and I didn't check to see if this chapter was long enough but enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Kia's POV)

Kale turned around and when he saw the ship he placed me behind him and got in a protective stance.

"Oh please," I said pushing past him and running up to spy on the ship from behind a rock.

"What are you doing?!"

"What does it look like? I'm spying on the ship!"

"How bout we let the Warriors take care of that?"

"Don't be a killjoy. I wanna see if it's a pirate ship."

"Kia lets just get away before they see us!"

"They're miles away, we're fine. I can take care of myself."

"Uh. You're beyond stubborn."

"And that makes you?"

"Fine you win." I stuck my tongue out at him in victory. An explosion suddenly went off and Kale and I ducked as we saw that the ship had launched a single firework. Under the light from the firework, we saw the infamous pirate flag. A skull with two bones making an x through it.

"Well, that gives you your answer. Can we go now?"

I couldn't move. I thought it would be cool to see a pirate ship. But I was downright terrified. Why would the ship set off only one firework?

Then it hit me. They knew someone was watching. They knew we were watching. That's why they shot the firework so we could see their pirate flag.

"We have to go tell your dad." Kale and I both silently slipped into the water and swam to the castle.

***

"You saw what?!"

"A pirate ship."

"But they didn't see us!"

"They just knew we were watching."

Kale and I kept on spitting out information about what happened and what we saw while Lyla comforted Dane.

"Kia, Kale will take you home. Your parents are probably worried."

"It is pretty late. Bye guys."

"I'll alert the Warriors. Sirena will call up the sirens. We attack at dawn!" Dane said shooting up from his chair.

"Kale, go now," Lyla said.

***

"Thank you for dropping her off Kale."

"No problem Scarlett."

Mom turned to me after she shut the door.

"Well, you guys were out longer than I expected. How did the date go?"

"Good. I'm glad it's over though."

"Nothing happened? Nothing went wrong?"

"Well Kale tried to kiss me which only proves that he's a player. Who does that on the first date anyways?! Oh my gosh by the way Kale has never had a girlfriend!"

"No way!"

"Way!"

"You learn something every day."