19. Take It Slow

In the graveyard of the multiverse, the final resting place for everything that had ever lived or would live, did the dance between light and dark take place. It was here that the balance came together, that the opposing forces of nature conflicted in sadistic harmony, radiant power shining for miles around as the human and the glitch of a comedian collided, wrestling in a desperate power struggle to get the upper hand.

They are two parts of a bigger whole, Gaster reflected as he watched the two of them circle around each other as two lions might. No matter what they do, no matter how much they try to tear out one another's throats, they are equally matched.

It was perfection the way they fought, the balance between light and dark at its fullest. They were the equilibrium, the medium, the balance or whatever you may call it. Each was half, each was equal to the other in power and strength and nothing could change that. The human and the comedian could fight for hours and yet none would win for how could they? Gaster was their true master, their true god and the one truly pulling at their strings. He had full and complete utter control over the two of them, he had won and there was nothing anyone could say or act to change that.

Long since had he perfected [Y/N]'s code, masked the bond that the two shared given the shared nature of their souls. The only part that remained within their minds was the desire to kill, the desire to triumph over the other and then present the head to Gaster, their lord and god, the one they would butcher entire worlds and civilisations should that be his request. The glitch and the anomaly were his puppets, containing no self will or desire to act out against him. It was futile to even call them living beings for what was a living creature without a mind of its own, without the ability to think for themselves? No, they were nothing more than objects that would carry out Gaster's bidding until the end of time.

Of course it had not been easy making them this way. It had taken several uses of the Overwrite button, several different experiments to figure out what made each of them tick, what made each of them break. But that didn't matter now for Gaster had finally reached perfection, had finally reached the tipping point. They were puppets now and nothing more, puppets with strings he would always pull within the new world he would create, the universe with a perfect ending, a universe with no resets and thus creating no more alternate universes, no more noise. It would be harmony.

The human let loose a snarl and lunged themselves at Error, summoning a [F/C] dagger that was aimed straight for the comedian's chest. And the skeleton sidestepped the attack and slammed his elbow into the base of the human's neck, a cry tearing from the human's lips as they crumbled to the ground, twitching from the pain. Error took a step closer to the human, his hands alive with black flame that crackled with nothing more than the desire, the intent and want to kill the very thing that trembled before him. But with a fluid motion, the human rolled and avoided Error as he slammed his fist into the empty air that they had once been in. The glitch snarled and whipped around to face the human, his fingers twitching. The human let loose a shriek of laughter and thrust the dagger at the comedian, knocking him to the ground.

Attacks such as these were normal, frequent in Gaster's observation. They would never stop fighting unless he commanded it, yet one could not kill the other for they were perfectly matched, sharing both half a soul and being half of the balance that cycled through the Void, the balance between all things good and evil.

"Enough of this," Gaster mused and the two immediately stopped, whatever vendetta or hatred they felt for one another vanishing as their master called upon another order. They bowed as he walked towards them, lifeless statues that would only move again when he commanded. That was what Gaster craved, desired even, the illusion of being a god, to have servants that would serve for him and die for him without a moment's hesitation. "We have work to do, do we not?"