Q/A

Woah so this book is finally done? I typed this in about two weeks which was absolutely exhausting. I really liked coming up with the plot for this book and writing out the storyline, so it was fun to write. You guys can check out Rising Storm [ Ink x Reader ] as well if you liked this book! I didn't get to completely prewrite that book and release it all at once, so it still updates regularly.

Needless to say, I'm also looking for more AU ideas! I want to write as many AU's as I can to open up a broader range of storylines that people can choose from if they want to read an x Reader. If there's a universe you would like to see possibly written into a book, you can comment below the AU and I'll look into it!

I'm also sticking a Q/A in here to answer any questions you had about the book. You can also ask questions in the comments if I didn't answer a specific one and I'll try to get back to you!

1. Why did it take so long for the reader and Error to finally warm up to one another?

- So this is a question that I really wanted to answer and decided to stick it in here. I wanted the relationship between the reader and Error to sort of develop as the storyline progresses. I think there was some development within the story as they literally go from tearing out one another's throats to a happy conclusion.

2. How come there wasn't any kissing / more explicit romantic scenes?

- So canonically, Error is a very introverted character. His creator, Crayon Queen, often described him as not wanting to be touched by anyone and wasn't fond of making friends or even telling his backstory to anyone. I tried to stick with this and asked the question, if this were to actually happen, how would Error react? So I made it so that he would warm up to the reader and there is obvious attraction between the two of them, but it would just be so out of character and out of canon completely if Error were to just make out with the reader or do some stuff.

3. I still don't understand what a hate creature or a soul weapon was!

- Basically, these were things that I came up with and stuck them into the book for plot and all that stuff. A soul weapon is a rare and highly valuable weapon that a lot of humans like to use during combat because it is designed to absorb a part of their soul and increases their ability to fight in battle. But they can't be separated from it for too long, otherwise the human goes insane and eventually dies because part of their soul is stored in the weapon. In this book, the soul weapon that Nightmare used to plant on [Y/N] was designed so that when they got it, they would go insane and kill everyone on sight. But the catch was that [Y/N] couldn't live without it because they needed to come into contact with the part of their soul from time to time, which eventually acted as the doorway to Error and [Y/N] sharing part of a soul.

I also came up with the idea that when a universe is deleted, the human in the main storyline generates hate from all the genocide runs they do and so when the world is destroyed, the hate remains since it is neither alive nor dead. So the hate is like this defender of the Void then where it goes around and kills off any anomalies that might be in the Void because some people can live even when their universe is destroyed simply out of a glitch in their coding. But the hate seeks out these kinds of people and corrupts their coding and gets rid of the anomaly. When the code of the person is corrupted, they are filled with the hate and become a hate creature themselves and keep actively searching for more anomalies to destroy.

4. What was the Overwrite button?

- I got that idea from a universe called Underverse, which is an animation series on YouTube by Jael Penaloza. This is basically a button that Gaster came up with that allows him to rewrite the coding of other creatures and change whole worlds entirely.

5. Why did you keep talking about this weird balance between Error and the reader?

- So my idea was that there is this huge balance that exists in the multiverse. Ink was sort of the light, the creator and Error was the dark, the destroyer. There's this equilibrium that exists between the two that when Ink creates a universe, Error also destroys one so it's like this never ending cycle of creation and destruction basically. After Ink died, the reader took over Ink's role because the balance would shift and allow for another to take the 'creator's' place to ensure that the equilibrium remained. If Error was to die, than the balance would again shift and another would be randomly chosen to take the place of the 'destroyer.'

6. What other references were made to different universes besides Underverse?

- I stuck some random Glitchtale stuff in here as well. In the animation Frisk often can summon a red sword due to the power harnessed from his soul )I'm using male pronouns because that's how Camila portrays the character as) and I decided to use that in my book as well where [Y/N] is able to tap into the power of their soul and form transparent weapons like spears and small shields.

7. Do you still like Undertale?

- I like the game and a lot of the AU's and the whole idea of Ink and Error being this protector and destroyer thing. I don't like the part of the fandom that is constantly going at one another's throats in a never-ending war over who is Sans' partner and all that stuff. I also am not fond of the parts of the fandom that sexualise all the characters and completely ruin the game. Other than that dark side, it's pretty chill. I'm not as active as I used to be, but I don't hate the game itself and like writing stories about it.

8. Can you make my AU a book?

- I get this question a lot through PM's and comments and stuff. I haven't wrote a personal AU as a book mainly because I tend to stick to some of the 'bigger' AU's for the reason that it's content more likely to be understood and brought to others. Plus these books take an enormous amount of effort to write and put together, so it's not just something I can snap my fingers and put together.

9. What about other x Readers?

I am totally open for that! Like I mentioned before, you can suggest an AU I haven't done in the comments and I'll look into it! I might not get around to doing it until a month or so since I still have other books in progress. But if it ends up becoming a book, I usually try to dedicate the chapters to whomever suggested it!

Anymore questions? I'm happy to answer them!

Thank you all so much for reading!