Prologue

Tegan

I sat inside of my favorite coffee shop, checking the time for what seems like the millionth time in 2 minuets. I was nervous. No scratch that, terrified. He had done it again.

Bruised and defeated, I sat and waited for him to walk through those crystal clear double doors. Today I would finally end the abusive relationship I was imprisoned in. Whilst I waited I couldn't shake this overwhelming feeling that I was being watched. I began to scan the room squinting my tired eyes in the dark cafe. Before I could lower my head, I spotted a man in an expensive looking suit and deep forest green eyes starring back at me with a slight smirk.

I immediately looked down into my, now cold, French vanilla cappuccino. 'What a creep' I thought to myself, checking the clock on my phone again. The time read 7:45 pm, meaning that my unpleasant guest was almost 2 hours late now!

I let out an unladylike yawn and decided to just go home. I gathered my purse, trashed my cold cappuccino and quickly walked to the lady at the counter. "Hey April, I'll have the usual... again !" I said in the happiest tone of voice I could muster up. "Tegan, sweetheart, go home you look exhausted" April replied, her words laced with her thick Brooklyn accent. "Gee thanks A..." I paused glancing over to the handsome mystery man to discover that he was no longer there.

I dug through my purse for my wallet when suddenly my whole bag dropped to the tile floor with a clank. "Ugh I'm so clumsy" I said. "Yeah but you're cute so that makes up for it" Replied April with a chuckle.

I reached down to grab my spilled items and on the way back up i ran straight into something hard. "I'm so sorry I-I didn't mean to-" I stuttered still not making eye contact with my victim. "I agree" I was cut off by a deep voice. I craned my neck up and there stood the 'mystery man', with my wallet in his hand.

The Incubus KingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara