Chapter 26

The next day was like any other day in the castle. Of course, Luca was missing in action, while Tegan laid in bed nodding off from time to time. It seemed, almost as if not a single thing happened the day before.

Piper demanded that she be brought to her mothers bedside, and nonetheless, her wish was granted after featherbrained bickering between "Ant" and herself.

"Mommy?" She whispered, the soft pattering of Barbie dolls against the floor could be heard from up where Tegan was sitting.

Tegan, bored out of her mind dramatically grunted in response.

"When daddy fights the bad guys I'm going to be his sidekick." She said matter-of-factly.

"Fucking hell." she mumbled low enough for Piper to miss it. "No." She sighed. "You'll be with me, doing something even better!" She cheered.

"And What is that?" Piper responded skeptically.

"Hiding, yay!" Her enunciation resembled joy while her face resembled annoyance.

"I'm good mommy, where is daddy anyway?" She sassed.

"Somewhere doing something." She responded because she actually didn't know.

Piper gave a quick ok before she shrugged her shoulders and continued playing with her toys; without a worry in the world.

In the last three months Tegan's mom had been teaching her things, magical things. Her abilities were heightened, along with her senses.

Things she never thought possible were now just that; possible.

And though it had been a while she still couldn't get over Luca, his friends, what they were, and what she was. Just a few years ago she thought her reality was simply, a fairytale.

Her mind flashed away from it all, as a toilsome knock was heard at the door. 

"Come in Carol and Mags!" She instantly smiled an oceanic abyss of a smile, at the heavy door that was slowly parting. "Hello my dearest, Tegan." Carolyn playfully whispered, squeezing her cheeks.

"Oh stop." Tegan strained attempting to sit up.

"Ah ah ah!" Maggie chirped as she immediately helped her sit. "You know Better than to strain." She slapped her bare leg playfully.

"I know, I know." Tegan waved them off as she continued to sit up. Maggie hurriedly stuffed a plush pillow behind Tegan's back, in attempts to make her as comfortable as possible. "How many glasses of water have you had today? You know you need to hydrate and eat a lot." Maggie worriedly said.

"Plenty glasses, many healthy snacks, don't worry Mags." Tegan reassured her.

"Your mother is right behind us." Carolyn smiled, tiding the room up or rearranging something.

"Mom?" She spoke in a regular tone of voice.

"Daughter!" She smiled even harder while approaching Tegan.

"So, what did you plan on doing today?" She chirped.

"Well," she sighed. "There's not much to do while I'm on 'bed rest'."

"Are you sure about that?" Vanessa, her mom, smirked.

•••

Carolyn, Maggie, Piper, Vanessa and Tegan all sat in the media room on various couches and chairs. They were all sound asleep.

They were about an hour into the movie, when faint screaming and clatter lodged its way into Tegan's ears. no one else could hear it, but after all, her senses were heightened.

With harsh and labored breathing she awoke. She knew better than to move suddenly or make a fuss; so she sat in the dead silence straining her ears to hear more.

As the sounds got louder, they were still quiet. "Carol..." she whispered, pausing immediately after. "Mom? Mags?" She whispered again, until she heard their voices whispering back.

"Tegan, we must leave now. We have to get to safety." She remained calm, even though she was a wild fire on the inside.

Piper and everyone else had woken up while they whispered back and forth. And they too were comfortable.

"What's going on?" Tegan asked, though deep down she knew the answer.

"We're under attack, my Queen."

"Oh, no."

•••

This is a really short chapter but I wanted to update because it's been a while... long story lol