Chapter 27

Tegan

"Oh, no." I huffed as the wind was knocked out of me without me actually being hit.

"Mommy I'm scared." Piper sniffled, ruffling her blankets to come closer to me.

"It's ok Babygirl. Don't worry." I smiled at her burying her face in my chest, but being careful of my bump.

"Come, come!" Maggie whisper-shouted. "We have to get you to the safe room."

I shook my head while my mom gathered Piper in her arms. Carolyn helped me up, and as my feet became level with the plush carpet Luca Mind-linked me. "Don't stress, babygirl. I can't feel you panicking, it's ok." I shook my head to the rhythm of his words. "I'll be with you soon enough, babygirl. I love you." He said.

"I-I love you too..." I said aloud while I began slowly walking with Carol and Maggies help.

The marble flooring of the castle shook with nearly every step we took. Liam and about 12 other guards trailed closely behind us, while Dave carried me. It was far too long of a walk for me.

As odd as it sounds, I could feel Lucas hands on my body and that- that was the only thing keeping me calm.

"We're here, my Queen." Dave said upon our arrival.

"The doors are under a spell, only certain people can open them." Carolyn explained, her calm gray eyes looked at me.

"Oh, ok" i had never even been to this area of the castle, but it had to be far away from the other parts due to the peaceful quiet.

After being put down on my two feet by Dave I touched the door and it opened with haste.

"Oh my goodness."

•••

Luca

"Don't stress, Babygirl. I can't feel you panicking, it's ok." I spoke calmly to my Babygirl as her breathing sounded panicky and rigid. "I'll be with you soon enough, babygirl. I love you."

"I-I love you too." She said sounding less nervous before the connection ended.

After disconnecting I starred General Lee and company in the eyes.
"Send out all of your men, let's get this over with." I spoke to the other creatures in the room who agreed to fight with us.

"Yes, my king." General lee bowed, as the rest followed his actions.

I suited up for battle after they all dispersed. What would take place today would undoubtedly change the lives of everyone in my kingdom, not to mention the tiny kingdom of his.

I would fight mercilessly for my bride today. I would hang the head of my enemy on my wall and be sure that all the lands bared witness to it as a symbol of the consequences of crossing me.

Now that Tegan and Piper were safe and sound I could do so without a worry. Amara and her daughter had joined them some time ago, meaning everyone important was safe.

Everette appeared by my side, his uniform looking similar to mine but way less cool.

"Damn, I miss the days when all we had to do was fight Jack Frost!" He huffed.

"Don't we all." I huffed louder.

We stopped talking as a gloomy feeling overtook the room. Waking down the main corridor in the castle
Was completely silent until we reached the thick of the noise. Outside the the doors were people
Screaming, fighting and killing each other.

I began zoning out thinking of Tegan. I placed my hands on her stomach to provide a feeling of comfort and support.

"Good luck brother." Everette snapped me back into reality as he laughed vanishing into thin air, just to reappear seconds later with his sword plunged in an unfortunate mans heart.

I did the same, as I skillfully fought dodging arrows and other weapons.

My men surrounded me in battle as we fought off the enemy. But all I could think of while i hungrily killed these men was Tegan.

Would she be ok?

•••

I hope you like it...
If you don't, too bad! :)

The Incubus KingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara