Chapter 4

Tegan's POV

I walked through the beautiful castle with Maggie and Carolyn, in a stunning outfit "Luca" bought me. My hair was down my back in its natural curls.

Something inside of me wanted him so badly, something was pulling me to him. "Where are we going?" I asked, my new Louboutin's clicking on the grandiose floor. Maggie made a zipping motion with her mouth. "I Can't say, my queen." She said.

"Ok, and didn't I tell you it's ok to call me Tegan, I'm not a queen. Besides, I'm gonna be here for a while so we'll definitely be on a first name basis." I hesitantly laughed. I must admit, being called queen for the past 15 hours or so was awesome. But, I'm not that kinda girl.

We walked through a pair of 15 feet doors and into an opening, a garden. "Wow, this is beautiful! Maggie, Carolyn, if I were you I woul-" I was cut off by the heavy doors shutting. I whipped around with wide eyes and searched the garden for anyone.

"Baby girl" I heard behind me. I froze as guilt and longing washed over me. My stomach flipped.

I turned. "Luca..." I managed to say in a strong voice. "I thought you'd be gone. That's-that's why I haven't been around." He sounded exhausted. His eyes wandered up and down my body, but not in a nasty way, a loving way. Almost like he wanted to hug me, but, he couldn't.

There was a long moment of silence, eye contact, and then no contact at all. There was a fire burning in the pit of my stomach, calling out for his touch.

Before I could think I ran to him. Our lips interlaced with one another in perfect chaos. With his arms wrapped securely around me, and my arms wrapped around his neck he lifted me up and sat down on something. Accidentally deepening the kiss, a moan slipped past my lips.

•••

After our meeting, we talked about what previously happened. I apologized and he agreed to let me go back home for 2 days to say my goodbyes. I wouldn't have many people to say bye to... but I needed to see my mom and make sure she was alright. He even told me that one day she could come to live in the castle with us. I was hesitant to jump right in to whatever this was between us, but something was pushing me closer and closer to the diving board.

I was currently in his room preparing for my homecoming. "Tegan you cannot say anything about this to anyone, even your mother. She'll know when the time is right." He said walking out of the closet. "Today you're going to school for the last time, I, the guards and Everette will be there." He made eye contact with me. "Are you sure you truly want to stay here?" He asked me. "I-i'm positive, Luca. I'm staying." I said with a soft reassuring smile.

•••

I went straight to school. I knew that if I journeyed home first, I would never escape the lecture on the way. I walked into the hallway of hell; B hall to be exact. This time I really took my time to observe every little aspect of it, being that it was most likely my last time. Strutting over to my locker I opened it with ease. The smell of lead-pencils and paper filled my nose while I removed my few valuables from inside, leaving the rest behind.

Out of nowhere I heard a very familiar voice in my head. Luca.

"Nice ass mami" he said. I gasped, earning a few looks from people around me. "Get out of my head!" I whispered hoping he could hear it. Luca and some of his "royal security" were disguised as students to make sure I was safe. Extra, if you ask me...

I proceeded through my classes, some boring, some interesting and i was ecstatic to be leaving. I hadn't talked to Luca since he was in my head, nor had I seen any guards.
I was in biology learning about Genes and reproduction when everything went down hill.

I heard giggles from behind me and I turned to see Tish and her "friends" pointing and laughing at me. Ignoring them, I turned back around to focus on the lesson. I asked a question and wrote the answer down in my notes. "Thank you Mrs. Morrison!" I smiled and continued writing. Tish raised her hand and the class, along with Mrs. Morrison looked at her. "Yes Tish." Mrs. Morrison groaned. "Uh, Mrs. Morrison, how is someone supposed to know what parent they look like, if one parent didn't care enough to stay?! Like Tegan's dad." She said looking me in the eye the whole time. I saw red. "Oops" she covered her mouth with her hand and faked innocence. "Who the fuck do you think you are, bitch?!" I yelled getting up. "Hm. Daddy left you and your sorry ass mom, probably for some other woman; a better woman." She continued.

I flipped her desk, tackled her and wrapped my hand around her throat, squeezing hard. The other hand punched her and It took 4 people to get me off of her and i tried to go back for more. "I bet you won't talk about shit in which you lack knowledge anymore, hoe!" I said still trying to break free as she was fake crying dramatically on the floor.

The door bursted open, and in walked Luca with a slightly hidden smirk on his face. "Baby girl, lets go." He said in front of the class. Everyone stopped to stare at Luca. What can I say, he is gorgeous!

As if the previous events didn't occur, Tish was up and standing on her long tan legs. Wiping her face she starred sexually at Luca and waved. When I caught eyes with her she smirked and I wanted to rip her extensions out. "Babygirl. Let's go." Behind me, the voice belonging to Luca said sternly. Deciding to spend my last days in high school being petty I replied. "Ok daddy." Flipped my hair, and proceeded out of the door.

•••

It was windy & the evening breeze whipped. As if the world knew what events were about to take place, and she too, was sad. I stood alone on my small porch, my hand oh-so close to the nearly rusting doorbell. "Don't be nervous love, I'm right here." I screeched as Luca's voice filled my ears. "Stop doing that!" I exclaimed.

I mustered up the courage to ring the bell and in response a distant and tired voice answered. "Just a moment, please." My mother said, and my heart broke a little. When I turned, Luca was by my side, smiling down on me. His hands tucked into his pockets. The door opened with a creak, and sad eyes bored into mine. "Tegan, Baby! Where have you been, what happened to you." She searched my eyes in desperation. I no longer felt Luca's presence and a sick feeling overcame me.

"Get Inside, it's chilly." My hero announced. Then all at once, after all the chipping, I said four words that finally broke my heart. "Mommy, I can't stay."

•••

"What did I do baby? I can make it up to you, I promise! Please don't leave me babygirl, my sweet T!"

That's all I could hear. I pictured my mother sobbing on her knees. I couldn't get it out of my head. I silently cried in the car, Luca next to me.

He touched my arm and I shrugged him off.
Angry.

"Tegan, what's the matter?!" He sounded hurt. I sobbed until my head was banging and I couldn't see clearly due to the tears. "Don't fucking talk to me! You ruined everything!" I screamed. He reached for me again, I pushed him away, pounding his hard chest with my fists. The sky opened up, darker clouds spilled out and rolls of thunder cracked across the sky as I screamed.

Relentless, he grabbed me again, pulling me in. As much as I disliked him in this moment, I needed him. After a while I fell asleep in his warm embrace while he spoke sweet nothings into my ears.

The last thing I heard before I fell deep into sleep was "Everette, you heard her. Do what you have to do...."

•••

I hope you guys are liking the book so far!
Much love kids <3