Chapter 29

Tegan
RECAP

I starred blankly ahead, then blankly above. I couldn't breathe and I couldn't move, I was paralyzed.

I CANT BREATHE

I tried speaking, but nothing came out.

I saw Luca's petrified eyes; I heard My mom and Pipers pungent screams.

Then all I saw was electric flashes of white, black. Then nothing.

•••

I felt everything, but nothing at all as I stood in the corner of the room, watching people work away at my lifeless body.

Everything I did from this moment forward was pointless. No one could hear me, or see me, or help me. Is this what it feels like to die?, To watch your family mourn over your dead body? My heart shattered as I watched my mother wail. Luca frantically shouted orders, all the while he examined my body; searching for who knows what. Piper was no longer in the room, but I felt her pain; everyone's pain. I was suffering. Picture a thin plastic wrap circling around your body until you were suffocating. The wrap was crystal clear, meaning you could see everything; but you couldn't do anything. This was an out of body experience.

"You can revive her." Luca said calmly, though his body language proved otherwise. He was staring blankly into the eyes of my mother, while his rough hands tore away at the hem of his pants.

She swiftly wiped her face as she took in all he had said. "O-ok ok. Ok ok." She repeated over and over while gathering herself. "I-I need a candle, a few candles." She scrunched her face up in fear looking at my bloodied neck.

"Get the fuckin' candles," Luca roared making everyone in the room slightly jump in fright.

"Ok. Good job, baby," I slightly cheered as I touched his back. He couldn't feel me, still.

As I moved about the room; unseen, I couldn't help but to think this was all my fault.

All those years ago, when Jack Frost gave me those visions, he showed me one just like this. I should've told Luca, but I didn't believe it. I thought maybe it was just a manipulation, one of Jacks schemes; so eventually, over time I forgot.

But I was so wrong.

"She's in the in-between stages. Because she's bonded to you, she's not dead yet." I clicked in at the sound of my mothers hopeful voice.

"So What next?!" He rushed.

"It's." She paused with a worrisome look on her face. "It's... it's not easy. To get."

•••

I missed High school, Tish and her minions, B hall and my crappy locker that somehow received more physical contact than I ever did. I thought about my teachers and my cozy bed, my life before the madness. My first encounter with Luca, yeah, I'd never forget that. But I'd give everything else away one thousand times over if it meant I could spend eternity with the one I loved. I used to read sappy love stories in middle school, but I never really believed them.

But as I woke up in my bed once again, with no clue where I was; I realized that maybe, just maybe those far fetched fairly tales could come true.

A feeling of raw contentment cleared over me.
"Babygirl." An all too familiar voice called out to me.

Tears instantly stung my eyes.

Using his rough but extremely soft hand he wiped my tears. I took my time to glance around, this felt weird. My body felt weird. I smiled a soft smile, and for a moment there, I forgot just what occurred before. "How long-?" I hesitated, afraid of his answer.

As his face fell, I noticed he had a full beard sitting atop his face. I loved it.

"don't worry about that, Babygirl." He spoke sweetly.
"Rest. I have some people I want you to meet."

"My babies" his gentle smile widened at my words. "But how-"

"Rest." He said in a more stern tone of voice. "I'll be right here."

His large hand caressing my side almost instantly put me to sleep, and soon after it did.

•••

It was just about 4 o'clock AM when I woke up. I couldn't sleep after hearing the sounds of what seemed to be a hurricane, outside.

I studied the room, coming to find out that Luca was gone. He said he'd be here, I pouted. I must've been transferred into a different room, being that this one was way different. There was a window seat and beautiful brown curtains that seemed to fall from the heavens.

Gracefully, I sat up, despite my frail state just hours ago; but as soon as my toes touched the cold floor the storm was no more.

As I cautiously walked, I felt the floorboards under my dry feet. "Luca?" I uttered in a full voice, though when it came out, it was feeble. Without thought of my surroundings I ended up directly in front of a mirror.

The mirror was dirty, but anyone could tell that it was once beautiful.

As I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I realized the same thing about myself. My hair was a mess, my face was dirty, my cheeks hollow... but as my hand reached up to trace the extensive scar on my neck, I stumbled, as flashes of what happened flooded my mind.

How was I even still alive?

•••

Sorry for the late updates... school is starting and I've been really busy! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Send any suggestions, or nicely send me things you think I could do better.

Drop comments • Vote • follow

Thank you!