Chapter-7

Naina's pov

"Where are we going?" I asked for the fifth time but Arjun just stared at me silently. But I would not be silent. As I was about asking another question, he stopped the car and stepped out of it.

I noticed we were standing in front of an amusement park. He gestured me to follow him and I stupidly did.

Thoughts of my mom haunted me. What Arjun had done? He held my hand in front of mom.. Oh God what will I do now.

"Arjun, what is wrong with you? And why do you need my help?" I asked desperately.

"I don't need your help." He didn't look at me but somewhere.

"What!! Then why were you at my home and you said that you need my help.. right?"

"Oh God!! Naina. Can you plz shut up." He said. It seemed from his face that he was thinking about something or someone.

"What do you mean by shut up? You know what, you are so much complicated.. I mean I can't understand what is your problem?"

"You. You are my problem." He said and I was confused.

"What?"

"Yes! You are my problem. I mean why are you so innocent, simple that anyone can easily make you a fool."

"What do you mean?"

He took his phone out of his pocket and showed me a picture. It was of Nikhil and a girl, I mean Riya.

"Look, this girl is Nikhil's girlfriend." Arjun said looking straight in my eyes.

"Are you out of your mind? She is Riya and they are just good friends nothing else." I told him and he was now confused.

"Wait! How do you know Riya?"

"Nikhil introduced me." Suddenly it struck my mind.
"Wait! Oh this is what Nikhil wanted to say." I said to myself and Arjun gave me a questioning look.

He waited for me to explain and I do.

"Nikhil told me that he want me to meet Riya because some people think that he and Riya are in a relationship. Now I understand that he was talking about you."
Arjun kept his both hands on his head and start pulling his hair.
He looked frustrated and after a moment he spoke.
"So you think I am lying?"

I nodded and he shook my shoulders in order to realize me that I was doing wrong.

Am I wrong?

When I didn't speak, Arjun relaxed and took a deep breath.

"Naina, look around and tell me what is going on around you?"

I looked around and asked in a low voice,
"What is going on?"

"Life Naina. This is life Look at those people laughing.
Don't you think they have problems in their life?" He turned me to some people. I can look that they were laughing at something an old man was saying.

"Those children are playing, taking rides. They are full of fun.
Do you think they are always this happy?"

He was right. All people here were happy and full of fun.
I saw some couples too, some sat there in love and some were eating or laughing at something.

"Besides these, look at those street kids. How they are looking?"
Arjun interrupted my thoughts and I looked at those kids Arjun referred to.

I saw that a couple gave them some packets of biscuits and they were like there is no tomorrow. They were jumping and laughing.

"Tell me Naina. What do you feel?"

"They look so happy, full of life." I replied.

I couldn't understand that why Arjun was telling me all this. What did he want to say?

"Do you think Naina that all these people, these children will always remain happy."

"No, life means happiness and misery. If there is happiness, there is misery too or if there is misery, there is happiness too"

"But they are enjoying their life. They should be worry of misery that they will have to face the next moment. Don't you think?"

What is wrong with Arjun. Why is he saying all this?

"No, Arjun they are enjoying their life because this is their right. This is their life and nobody can control their life." I explained in a hope that he will now understand but what he said next left me speechless.

"Then why are you not living your life? Why are you letting eveyone to control your life? Isn't it your life?" He said with a serious tone.

I couldn't understand what should I reply or what not.

"I amm.. llivin..g myy lifffe." I said but why the hell I was stammering.

"No you are not living it Naina.. you are just waiting for end of your life." He said and I was shocked how he knew this.

I did not know what to say and he again said,
"I am saying the same, this is your life you have to decide what to do or not. No one can control your life. Not your family, Not even I."

He again showed me the same picture and said,
"I know Riya and she herself said that she and Nikhil are dating each other." He stopped for a moment.
"Naina I can see pain in your eyes. I can see that you are broken. But that doesn't mean you cannot take your decisions. I don't know why But Naina I don't want you to suffer more in your life." He said and I was more speechless. The way he said all these words left me numb.

Besides this, at the moment we were so close to each other. I could feel his breath on my cheek. He stared me right in the eyes and I did the same.

I don't know why but I didn't want to step back but he did

"Now I will not force you. You have one day. After tomorrow you will engaged to Nikhil. So plzz think about it and promise me that whenever you need my help, you will call me. " He said and I nodded.

Arjun turned his face in other direction leaving me in confusion.

I should believe Arjun or Nikhil. Well I really didn't believe Nikhil.

So Is Arjun saying the truth?

But Riya had said to me that she and Nikhil were just good friends.

I'll go mad.

I should wait for dad and talk to him about this.

____******_____

Long chapterrr!!!
Plzz guys vote and comment.