Chapter-9

Arjun's pov

"Whats going on here?" I asked a man standing in the crowd outside the Kapoor's Mansion.

He didn't reply. Maybe everyone there was trying to know what was happening.

After Naina's call, I quickly got ready and reached Kapoor Mansion to know what was wrong with her. But when I arrived I realized that matter was serious.

The police was there and Oh God! everything was screwed really bad.

I went inside and police didn't stop me as they knew who I was.

Mr. Kapoor and Shreya were there talking something to Inspector and Mrs. Kapoor was sitting on the sofa. She was crying as hell. I couldn't understand what happened there.

Mr. Kapoor took a glance at me than he too sat down on the sofa. He rested his head on his hands. Everyone was looking worried and sad.

And I saw there a dead body! Nikhil was there too.

But the question was who is dead... Oh God Naina... I just ran to the spot and was about to fall.

"Who is dead?" I asked one of the policemen.

"Vikram Kapoor" he replied.

What the hell just happened! Vikram is dead. Then it came to my mind. Oh no..

Wait! Where is Naina? I looked around to found her but couldn't. She was nowhere. Where could she gone in this situation.

I tried to call her again but her phone was still switched off. I was now worried as hell. I mean here Vikram was dead and Naina....

I tried to offer some sympathy to Mr. Kapoor. He was not really in good condition.

He looked at me and tears flowed down from his eyes. Ofcourse he had lost his only son.

"How?" I asked in a low voice and he shook his head in a no.

"I was here Inspector. I am eye witness." I heard Nikhil's voice and turned to look at him.

"Yes Mr. Malhotra tell us who did this?" Inspector asked Nikhil and I saw Mr. Kapoor and Shreya went near Nikhil to listen that one name.

"NAINA" he said and I felt numb for a moment.

"What are you saying Nikhil? Naina,, she can't do this." Mr. Kapoor said in shock bringing me out of my state. I noticed Mrs. Kapoor stood up at Nikhil's words and went towards Mr. Kapoor.

"I have told you many times that girl will ruin us and look she proved it, if she not then tell me where is she right now?" Mrs. Kapoor said cryingly.
"She killed my son." Again she cried and this time very loudly.

"What are you saying Mrs. Kapoor? Naina... why do she kill Vikram. She is your daughter and you are suspecting her." I said in a harsh voice. I was shocked to see that a mother was saying this all just because she had lost her son.

"She.. is.. nott.. my daughter." Mrs. Kapoor said angrily and looked at Inspector,
"Look, Inspector. She was adopted, thats why she was jealous of Vikram and Shreya. She hated us. But I don't have any idea that she will do this to my son." She stopped for a moment breathing heavily and said,"find her Inspector. Make sure she will get a hard punishment for her crime."

Inspector nodded and went from there.

I was now irritated as hell. I looked at Mr. Kapoor but he was silent as he himself was confused? How they can even think this? Naina...a murderer..

No ways, she is innocent and I will prove it.

But how? To prove her innocent she should be here. But she is missing. Where will I find her?

I wanted to yell at her for not asking for my help even when she had promised me. I wanted to yell at her family for not trusting her just because she was not their real daughter. And I really wanted to yell at myself for not helping Naina when she was in a problem.

My mind and heart were asking for just one person Naina.

And I was shocked because first time my mind and heart were saying and demanding for the same thing or same person.

Naina... I was now convinced that there is a place in my heart which is reserved for Naina and only Naina...
No one else...

___*****___

Thanks for reading...

Don't forget to vote and comment.