Chapter 2 Half-Breed

Author's Note;

And so it continues! Hello again, i just wanted to say that this is and unedited yet slightly edited by myself. so if its really messed up sounding, that's why. Thank you and ill let you get back to the story. Enjoy!! like, comment and/or vote. Thank YOU

The sun shined brightly though the windows in the galley. Seeing then brightly reflects off of the portraits and mirrors, but my focus was kept on straight ahead. See Her walking away down the wide halls towards the doors. “Mom!” I called out as loud as I could, but she didn’t turn around. “Mom!” I called again and she glanced over her shoulder, slowing her pace, but my feet froze.

Her long wavy black hair flipped as her sorrow filled hazel eyes stared into mine. A tear slid down her cheek as I did not understand in why she was leaving. “Mom, don’t leave me!” I shouted and ran again, but the halls grew longer as she was moving farther and farther away from me. My legs felt like lead. Moving slower and slower, shouting even though I knew she wouldn’t come. Turning away, she opened the door and a bright, white light beamed brightly through the doors, consuming my mother and blinding me until everything became black.

Jolting up, hearing myself shout, I instantly went silent. Starring straight at my computer monitor, seeing in blinking “Error” over and over. Noticing that I was sleeping on the key board, I must have unintentionally gone online and hit all the buttons with my face. Exiting out, leaning back in my chair to stretch, wonder why I was having that old dream again.

 My mother left years ago, yet it seemed so resent when it happened. Being thirteen, how could I not forget?

 Waking up one day, I heard her rummaging in her room. Her bags packed. Pretending I was still asleep, she went into my room, running her slender fingers through my blond hair. She kissed my forehead as a tear dripped down on my face.

“I’m sorry, my son, but I have to go,” she cried softly and my eyes opened up wide and turned to face her.

“You’re leaving?! Why?” I asked pleadingly, and her face looked more somber as she fought the tears.

“You’re Aunt Eva and Uncle Ari will be taking care of you, Thomas. I—I have to go for a while,” she chocked and got off my bed and headed to the door. Frantically, I followed her, asking what is going on and why couldn’t I go with her, but she never answered me.

“Don’t go!! Please!” I cried out finally and she finally stopped walking just as we reached the lobby in our Hotel.

Turning around, her hazel eyes, filled with tears, she smiled. “Be good to your Aunt and Uncle,” she said as tears slipped down her young face and walked out the fronts doors into the night with two suit cases.

“Mom!!” I cried loudly, not caring if I woke anyone up. Swinging the doors open, looking into the dark, she was gone.

Six years later, to this day, I still have no idea in where she went, and I doubt that she would ever come back. Eva and Ari are good people, and they even gave me my own space in the family’s hotel. Sure, it’s just a small room about twelve by eighteen with a small bathroom, a double bed, mini ridge and microwave with a desk for my computer and other gadgets. But to me, it’s more than enough. It’s my own space and I don’t have to ask anyone in how I should live in it. Sounds good to me, if anyone says different.