Chapter 9 Half-Breed

Author's Note;

Sorry that my last story was so long, but if you really like reading, then i guess that was a good thing, right? haha. okay you know my usual by now. "Like, Comment and/or vote Thank you and enjoy

FYI: this story is short. i apologize and will update when i can. thank you

Heading back home, dedicated now that I have something important to do other than my studies and dodging Narkissa. I would like to see her again. She seemed so troubled yet she was so easy to talk to.  Just the thought of getting to know her made me excited. Planning things out for my locator devise, I want her to be able to call me anytime, no matter how far I maybe, I want to be by her. She was just so welcoming, innocent and pure. Her smiles had seemed so genuine and shy as well as her demeanor. Just like a child would when they meet someone new.

Crap! I forgot to ask her how old she was! I stopped walking but knew that she must be gone by now. Sighing frustrated, I’ll just ask her in three days, I agreed to myself. She looked so young though, as if she’s sixteen or something. She could age slowly in her looks like my species goes as we get older, but I don’t know for sure. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

Mad at myself for forgetting, I made a mental note for next time and decided to buy some food when I found a hot dog vendor. With my stomach growling, I paid the vendor guy that looked like a young, brown haired Santa Clause, with the gut to go with it, and shut up my noisy stomach.

Heading back home, I need to start working on my new project, but first, I would like to make a quick stop at my friend Coburn’s house.

Walking towards the busy streets, waiting for traffic and waited till it was my turn to cross. When the little light turned white with a person walking came up, I bolted across the street and jogged back home to get my car.

In the parking lot, I found my beat up old gold '94 Saturn. Weathered paint job and worn out seats, but it’s still my baby. I did everything to make sure that it keeps running right. Changing the oils, checking the engine, changing the tires etc. since I got this car two years ago, I never had to go to a mechanic since I bought it from a guest at the hotel.

Reaching into my front jean pocket, thankful that I had actually brought my keys and wallet with me this time, i don’t really feel like running into Narkissa in order to retrieve them from my room.

Hopping in my car, I started it up as it roared to life, shifted it to drive and sped out of the parking lot and on to the main street.