Chapter 17

Derrick's POV

I woke up in Jake's arms wrapped tightly around me. 'He is so protective of me. I love it' I said to myself before I started to wake him up.

" Jakey baby time to get up. We need to get ready to leave so we have time to set up camp." I said softly in his ear. He opened one yellow eye and mumbled " What time is it?" I looked over at the alarm clock beside me.

" 8:00 time to go." I said licking the ruffled fur between his eyes. He laughed and stretched. I got out of bed and tossed him some short and shorts that he brought over.

After getting dressed and a our pills we jump in Jake's car. " Jake where is this place of yours." I asked putting on my seatbelt. " That's for me to know and you to fine out." he said starting the car. " Fine don't tell me. Jerk." I said playfully crossing my arms and laughing. He pulled out the drive way and headed out of town.

        Time skip to forest

" We're here wolfy." I heard Jake say as I pick my head up and look at the forest. 'It's beautiful' I say in my head while helping Jake carry every thing to the campsite.

" Where are we going?" I asked following Jake through bushes and thrush that got my leg fur covered in burrs. " Riiiight here." he said stopping in a big grassy clearing.

I was speachless. " You're gonna swallow a bug if you don't close your mouth." Jake joked. I snapped back to reality and started setting up the tent.

" Jake I smell wild red wolves. Loners to be in fact." I said sniffing the air. ( just for you guys who don't know what I'm talking about when they say wild something they mean a animal that is not evolved)

" You're right Derrick. Take off your clothes and get down in a wild fighting pose." said Jake taking off his clothes. I nodded and did as he said. As I got down and walked to Jake I heard growling behind me.

I could make out three different growls, three jouvanil males brothers. I whipped around and started growling with Jake. The leader of the brothers ordered the other two to attack.

Me and Jake each jumped for a wolf and started fighting. I fought with strategy, I watched my attacks movements. The wolf attacking me jumped aiming for my throat.

I rolled to the side and rammed into his side making him fall. Taking my chance I bit and clawed at his face, legs, and belly. Eventually he ran off, as I watched him run I heard a yelp from behind me.

Turning around I saw the other brother had jumped in after Jake ran off the one of the them. He had ripped Jake's earring out his ear ripping his ear.

I was pissed how dare he hurt Jake. I ran and grabbed the Wolf's neck and threw him away. He quickly got up and faced me. Growling I said eyes burning with anger, " Don't think about hurting my Jake." I snarled snapping my jaws.

Drool was dripping from my mouth begging to taste the blood of the in front of me. I wanted to kill it right where it stood. The wolf snarled back and said in wolf " Step aside and let the men fight. I will kill him..."

Before he could finish all sanity was lost in me. I jumped and land in closer to the wolf. Slashing my claws over his face and muzzle not letting him get hit in. I stopped to let him run away after his long gone brothers leaving a trail of blood.

I stood tall, head raised, chest puffed out and howled loud and strong letting every wild wolf in the area know what happened and not to come near us. After howling I walked over to Jake who was laying on his side breathing heavy.

" Are you ok? Are you hurt? Do have any bad injuries?" I asked frantically sniffing his body checking for serious bleeding. " I'm fine, I'm ear hurts a lot, and no." he answered getting up and walking to the tent.

I smiled to myself and followed him. He pulled out the first aid kit and handed it to. I gladly cleaned and wrapped his ear stopping the bleeding. "It's getting dark lets get some sleep Jake." I said going into the tent and laying down.

" Yeah you're right and thank you for protecting me, but why he could have killed you Derrick." said Jake wincing out of pain as I check his ear. " Well Jake I don't know what came over me I usually run from a fight, but knowing that you were there to protect me it made me feel stronger, braver.

Once I knew he hurt you, my rock, my protector, my lover, my boyfriend. Something in me snapped. I wanted to kill him but I didn't for you." I said wrapping my arm around Jake.

He just scooted closer and whispered " Thank you." I smiled and pulled him closer and went to sleep keeping my ears perked so I could hear anything or any fur coming. Jake did something he never done before. He let his guard down while he was was sleep. He trusted me to keep him safe.

Ok that's it sorry it took me so long to update. Today's shout out is WolfieSquishyPaw. Go give them a follow for them and that is it for today. Oh and there might or might not be a update tomorrow I have a doctors appointment. Peace ✌.