Chapter 19

Derrick's POV

Waking up to movement next to me I yawned. " What's going on? " I asked rubbing my eyes. " Nothing just getting the mice out the cooler. Ready for breakfast? " He answered looking at my tired face.

I nodded and got up and helped him. Gulping down the last bit of mouse. I waited for Jake to be down with his food. " Hurry up I want to explore. " I said looking into the forest while wagging my tail.

He laughed and stood up walking over to me. " Ok let's go. " he said walking off into the forest South of the camp. I pricked my ears and followed him. ' Wow this forest is beautiful.' I said to myself looking around.

" Like what you see." I heard Jake chuckle beside me. I smiled and blushed making Jake laugh harder. Then with out warning sniffed the air. ' What does he smell.' I wonder watching him. Then he went stiff. With fear in his yellow eyes he turned to me and yelled.

" Run Derrick run." and took off running back toward camp. I ran after him running as fast as I could. Finally making it back to camp, I saw Jake panting standing by the camp.

It was night when we made it back. " Jake what did you see? " I asked looking worried. " It's not what I saw. It's what I heard. Something inside told me something was there. I didn't want you to get hurt so I decided to run." he said looking down closing his eyes.

" That was your wolf instincts telling that. They tell you things you need to know, help you make decidsions. That is if you are willing to listen to them." I said licking the hole in my ear. " You have found your instincts Jake. My instincts told me to protect you from that wolf."

Jake lifted his head and smiled I smiled back at him and started howling at the moon. But the howling I was doing wasn't normal. The howling I was doing was a mix of singing and howling.

It was a beautiful lovely sound to hear. We wolves howl like this every full moon like tonight. I noticed Jake staring at me. I stopped and lookat him. I touched my nose to his and whispered " Join me Jake in the song of our ancestors. "

Backing away I started howling again and this time Jake joined me it was magical. After howling it was 2 in the morning. I went to sleep in the clearing, because I wanted to sleep under the light of the moon. Jake tried to sleep with me, but I told him to sleep in the tent. It was a wonderful night under the stars.

Hiiiiii my pups. Today's shout is Yamigesuna go give him a follow. I don't really have anything to announce today, but that I need suggestions on new books and ideas for this book peace.