Semi-Chapter 4 | Hafsa | Promises Are Meant To Be Broken

DISCLAIMER: I am no pro in writing romance. In advance, I apologize for my crappy writing if it is crappy. I don't usually write romance, so it's difficult...

Dedication to candysweet101 cuz she is sweet. And she gives me immense support! ^_^ Don't worry, there are more dedications to give.

***

Both Harun and Kayla have been acting weird today. During breakfast, during the ride, and at the airport. They are so awkward it's cute, and it reminds me of Luqman and I. We've passed the cute-awkward stage, and now we've grown comfortable. I have known him ever since high school, since we've both attended the same school.

But it doesn't look like they have mutual feelings. I mean, it's not the same awkwardness Luqman and I have overcome. They don't look at each other affectionately. They don't blush or just look away embarrassingly. Maybe it's just the type of awkwardness between two strangers.

I squeeze Luqman's hand as we carry our suitcases so they can be weighed. He returns the gesture and I smile. We stand in line for a while and I turn around to see both Kayla and Harun speaking to each other. They seem more comfortable than three hours ago. My smile grows wider and I look back up at Luqman, who plants a kiss on my forehead. Even though we're in the airport, it really doesn't matter. Nobody would see us, hopefully. I hear an "Aww", but maybe they're acknowledging someone else.

"Next," the lady behind the desk says. After our bags are weighed and we're given our tickets, we head back to everybody else. They found a nearby table to sit around and are now immersed in conversation. Luqman and I both find an adjacent table to sit at.

My hand is still intertwined with his.  I scoot my chair closer to his and rest my head on his shoulder. He lets go of my hand to put his arm around me. "I can't wait to be alone with you. It seems like I've been spending a lot of time with Kayla lately, huh?"

"It's okay. You have a kind heart Hafsa, and I won't stop you from making her feel welcome. After all she's been through, she really does need a friend. But you're right, we barely get some time for ourselves." Luqman looks at me with his gray eyes. Gray eyes are so rare, and so are people like Luqman. I can't explain him into words. He's everything I want in a guy, but better. I'm glad Allah blessed me with such an amazing husband.

"At least we're on our way to the honeymoon." He glances at my family's table. "Harun and Kayla look like they have a thing going," he remarks with a smile. "I can already see another wedding."

I punch his arm playfully. "She's seventeen and a junior. He's off to college for his degree. I don't think marriage is a priority for them. And they barely know each other. Besides, who are you to play matchmaker?"

"I'm not playing matchmaker," he says defensively. "I'm just saying they might have the hots for each other. Just like you and me," he says, smirking. I roll my eyes at how immature he is.

"Matchmaker or not, I love you," I tell him tenderly.

"Not as much as I love you," he says, leaning in.

"Dude, not in the airport!" I hear Ali shout. We both turn around simultaneously to see him loading the suitcases into a cart, although there aren't much. "That stuff is gross. Go find a room or something."

"Ali! You're so disrespectful," Sharifah, Luqman's younger sister retorts. "They're a happily married couple and it doesn't matter if they are showing their affection for each other. You wouldn't understand since you don't have a heart," she says with a disgusted tone directed to him.

"Love is a stupid thing. You fall in love and break up at the end. End of story." He loads the last of the bags and sits back down on a chair to join us. Maybe he was tired of talking to the rest back there. He only does things to please or amuse himself.