Chapter 5

My heart is beating so fast right now. I don't know what to do. I don't know what's going to happen. All I know is that I wasn't out of here. Now.

I suddenly make eye contact with Patrick. Sh*t.
I grab Jacobs hand and I pull him back out of the restaurant hoping Patrick didn't realize it was me. But by the time we actually get out of the door he's already right behind us. He's with a groupe of boys. They aren't from are school but I have seen them around in town.

"Hey, Wilder!." Patrick says.
Jacob pretends he didn't hear him and he keeps walking towards his car. A little more faster. I stop walking and Jacob turns to me.
"What are you doing!?"
"I sure as hell am not letting Patrick scare us away from here" I say
I release his hand and I walk back in towards the restaurants door. It takes him a moment before he follows me. Patrick is waiting by the door with a coffee in his hand. I don't make eye contact but I slide right pass him without any trouble. Jacob comes in right after me. Except Patrick doesn't ignore him like he did for me. Patrick pushes Jacob down to the ground and then kicks him really hard in the side. The restaurant was mostly empty so no one noticed.
"What the hell if wrong with you!" I scream
Patrick turns to me. I'm standing a few meters away from him. He gives me a wide smile.
"Awww are you sad that I hurt you're precious boyfriend?"
I look at Jacob and I see him curved up in a ball on the ground. If I got kicked that hard I would to. And man, I could smell the alcohol in his breath. I step up right close to him knocking his coffee over.
"I swear to god Patrick I will kick you're ass if you don't stop."
I am actually a pretty good fighter. I have never took lessons or anything but can throw a mean punch.
Patrick let's out a small laugh.
"You? You're going to kick my ass?"
"By the way you defended yourself at school the other day, I don't think you can..." he says
I don't know why but that comment pissed the hell out of me. I could feel the anger everywhere in my body. I clenched my fist and I threw a punch at his face. I could tell he was shocked that I actually punched him.
"You little b*tch!" He screams
He comes closer to me and pushes me hard. I fly back a bit and hit my back against the wall and slide down. By the time I'm down Jacob is back up again. I see anger in his eyes. And worry. And sadness. Was he mad that Patrick pushed me? Like he did in the hallway at school.
Jacob pushes Patrick against the wall holding him up. He punches him two times before slamming him again against the wall. Jacob let's me go and then picks me up like I was a feather and then brings me to his car.
—————————
My head hurts like shit right now. It feels like I'm being hit by a hammer over and over again. What happened? My eyes slide open and at first my vision in blurry then it focuses. I have no idea where I am. I'm on a bed in a room. There's a closet and dressers. I look to my side and I realize I'm not alone. Jacob is lying down beside me on his phone. He looks down at me.
"How are you feeling?" He asks
"What do you mean? What happened?"
"You don't remember?"
I nod my head
"We got into a fight with Patrick. You got pushed against the wall and you blacked out."
I look down at my body. I'm wearing the same clothes as last night and I have bruises all over my armes. I take my phone out of my pocket and check the time. It's 7:10am. Did I sleep here the night? Well no dah I blacked out. Weren't his parents worried? Weren't they curious of who I was?
"Want me to grab you some coffee?" He asks
"Sure."
I lean up so I can get out of bed but Jacob stops me.
"What are you doing?"
"Umm I getting coffee..." I reply
"You need to rest you're hurt"
I look at him with a small smile
"Is someone worried about me? Listen... I'm fine, I can handle myself."
He lets me get up and it takes me a minutes to gain my balance. Jacob leads the way out of his room to the stairs. He holds my hand walking down the stairs to make sure I wouldn't trip and fall because I was still a bit dizzy. He brings me to the kitchen and I lean against the island table. Im watching him as he raises his arm to grab a coffe cup from the cabinet and I realize he has cuts and bruises all over his back.
"Omg Jacob... you're back" I say concerned
He turns to look at me.
"I'm fine."
He hands me my coffee and I accept it.
"Here you can use this, you're shirts full of blood." He says while handing me one of his own shirts. It's a dark navy blue.
"What?" I ask
"You're shirt. It's dirty."
I look down and I'm surprised to find that my shirt and my pants are both stained red. I take the shirt form out of his hands then I look at him. It takes him a minutes before he realizes why I'm staring at him.
"Oh right." He says as he turns around
"You're scared you won't be able to resist me babe?" He adds.
"In you're dreams, Wilder."
I remove my shirt and then I throw in his blue shirt. It's over sized for me so it hangs blow my thighs. I remove my stained pants as well because they feel soaking wet.
"You can turn around now."
He turns back around then he smirks.
"You should keep that shirt."
"Oh I will. You're never getting this thing back." I say with a grin

After are coffees, I asked Jacob to use his bathroom so I could freshen up. I'm now walking down a long hall and I turn to where he told me to. I open the door and-
"Who are you?"