Chapter 15: dumb fights and a plan

guess who got a fucking modelling job

I don't know Tyra Banks?

you think you're so funny don't you

I'm sorry. Congrats!!!

I'm not even surprised I knew you'd get it

I'm surprised you even know who Tyra Banks is

Give me a little credit okay?

Whatever, i'm calling u and u better pick up alec lightwood

...okay?

[Incoming call from The Bane of my existence]

"hey"

"hey! Congrats!"

"thanks!"

"are you okay?"

"yeah...why wouldn't I be?"

"just...you seem pretty chill considering you just landed an awesome job"

"I'm...still inside the building. I can't really freak out yet"

"Why did you call me if you haven't left the building Magnus"

"I was excited and I wanted you to be the first to know okay? I'm making my way towards the exit now hold on"

"holding"

"allright I'm outside"

"Great, so how-"

"I GOT THE FUCKING JOB ALEC! NOT ONE OF THOSE OTHER HOT GUYS. ME! I'M GETTING PAID FOR LOOKING GOOD!"

"jesus yes I know!"

"I just...I never thought I was going to really get it ya know? It was just a far off fantasy, but now it's real! I'm going to be on freaking magazine spread, he even said I was fit for the runway"

"Magnus that's amazing! I'm so happy for you!"

"That's not even the best part!"

"It isn't?"

"They said they could introduce me to one of my favorite designers next week and that I MIGHT get the chance to show him some of my work."

"What?! Holy shit Magnus that's incredible"

"I know! God I can't remember the last time I was this happy"

"I can't remember the last time I was this happy for another person. You really deserved this"

"Thank you. I can't even believe this is happening."

"Well it is, so enjoy it"

"Truer words have never been spoken my dear. Which is why I'm going to throw the best party the city has ever seen and you know why that is?"

"why?"

"Because you are coming"

"I...am?"

"Yes. This is not an invitation Alec nor is it a suggestion. I am hereby ordering you to attend my party or else I'm going to be miserable the entire night and for the rest of my life and all my pictures will turn out terrible"