Together

Aelin P.O.V
"Ok so Rowan I think we should get Elide and Lorcan back together."
Rowan rolled his eyes.
"Can't you just mind your own business for once Aelin. Besides I see no difference is Lorcan. He is fine."
I walked out of our room Rowan silently followed. I walked all the way to the training area where Lorcan was working out. There were a bunch of injured fae around him. But there was still a line up next to the training area. I guess these stupid warriors wanted to try their luck against Lorcan. I gave Rowan a pointed look.
"Do you still think he is ok?"
We both turned.sk that we could watch the next warrior get his was kicked. Lorcan got a punch to the face and it looked like he didn't even feel it. Like he didn't even feel pain. Lorcan got punched once more in the face and in the gut. Rowan winced.
"I guess he is not ok after all."
I started walking away. I walked all the way to the kitchen. I gave Emrys a smile as I passed by him. Elide was at the sink cleaning dishes. Emrys saw us looking at her and offered an explanation.
"I asked her why a Lady like her was doing dishes. She said it helps her think. She has been here for a couple of days now." I nodded and walked out of the kitchen. In the middle of the hallway I spun around to face Rowan.
"So... will you talk to Lorcan. He and Elide are both miserable without each other but they are to blind to see it."
He let out a sigh.
"As much as I would hate to help Lorcan, because he help Maeve kidnap you--"
"He was protecting Elide."
"That's besides the point Aelin. But I will help them because Elide is miserable and she deserves to be happy."
"So let's get to it."
I turned to leave but Rowan grabbed my arm.
"Yes?"
"Why not make this interesting Fireheart? How about a bet?"
"You think I would bet on my friends happiness."
Her eyes light up with flames.
"Why not Fenrys made a bet when he was injured."
"What did you have in mind?"
"I bet that I can get Lorcan to talk to Elide before you convince Elide to talk to Lorcan. Loser has to..."
"Loser has to do whatever the winner wants them to do for a week."
"Deal."
I walked away from Rowan extremely happy. There is not way he can convince Lorcan to talk to Elide. Lorcan doesn't even like Rowan.
                                 ~~~
I figured out that Elide had forgiven Lorcan for getting me captured but after that they went their separate ways and that she though he was happier without her. I told her that was the stupidest thing I had ever heard and that Lorcan was miserable without her. And that all she had to do to get him back was go talk to him. But she didn't believe me. Not even twenty minutes after I went to see Elide, Lorcan walks into to kitchen and tells Elide that he is miserable without her and that he wants to date her. She of course says that she was miserable without him too. They kissed and then went for a walk around the castle. I was happy for them but kind of disappointed. I lost the bet. The entire time Elide and Lorcan were talking Rowan was grinning like an idiot. And I know why. It's because I lost THE BET! As soon a Elide and Lorcan left I turned around to see Rowan.
"How did you get Lorcan to talk to her? Manon had convinced him that Elide didn't want him."
"I'm sorry Aelin I just can't tell you. But what I can tell you is that you, lost the bet. Now you have to do exactly what I want you to do for a week."
"So what do you want me to do Buzzard?"
"I don't know yet so I will take a raincheck on my reward. I will use it when I feel like it. Any time. Any place."
I groaned. Why did he have to do this to me?
                                 ~~~
Rowan P.O.V
For the rest of the night I kept on thinking about how I got Lorcan to talk to Elide. It was so easy.
                                 ~~~
*flashback*
I walked back to the training ring. There is no way Aelin is winning this bet. The line to fight Lorcan had grown increasingly smaller and the unconscious bodies pile grew bigger. I cut infront of a fighter. He protested a bit but a growl from me silenced him. I wanted to be the next one to fight Lorcan. I stepped into the ring and it began.
"So Lorcan I want you to go talk to Elide."
He looked up at me when I said her name.
"She doesn't want to see me. She doesn't want me."
"Manon lied to you and plus you owe me one Lorcan so you have no choice."
"I don't owe you anything."
He tried to punch me but I dodged.
"That was weak and you do owe me something. You betrayed me. You willingly gave my wife/mate to Maeve."
He cringed when I said that evil bitch's name.
"If I talk to Elide you will forgive me and stop secretly making my life a living hell."
I was making his like a living hell. Once a week I poison his food. Not enough so he dies. But just enough to make him sick. Every once and a while I also trip him with my magic and I make sure that all his nice tunics are ripped. And I replaced all of his pants with pants that were too small for him.
"Yes yes. Just go talk to Elide before she talks to you."
"Why would she talk to me?"
"Just go!"
                                 ~~~
I laughed quietly and drew Aelin's sleeping form closer to my body. I wrapped my arms around her and started drifting off to sleep.
--------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to vote and comment on the chapter. I felt bad that I didn't write a chapter last week so I made this one somewhat long. @QueenOfShadows_123 here is my update.😁
Love,
Manon