8

CHAPTER EIGHT: Violence

Trigger Warning: disturbing content, violence

Ciara's pov

What did I do to make myself feel this way? Why does he have to make me feel as though I'm worthless as garbage in his eyes? Why does he have to make me feel as if he truly despises me when he could simply tell me that he doesn't want me here and I should just leave? Isn't it funny how he always makes me feel as if he wants me to vanish, but he won't let me leave the house without him knowing?

I just stared into the emptiness, tears streaming down my cheek. The burden of my feelings was reflected in each drop of my warm tears.

"Ciara!" Fear was so clear and visible to my eyes as I turned my gaze at the door when I heard Tyron call out my name. His loud and deep voice and heavy footsteps coming towards my room made me feel his rage, I could even imagine his death glares pinning me down and I knew that this time I could never escape from the pain again.

As he slammed the door open, trembling began to rumble in my chest, and my heart hammered in dread. When I noticed how sharp it had prompted a look at me, fear and worry permeated in my whole system.

"Hindi ka na talaga nadala!" As he gritted his teeth out of anger, while walking towards me with his heavy footsteps. Grasping my bedsheet, my heart pounded in fear while in the process of waiting for him to come near me. In my mind, I was battling with myself whether I should fight back this time or let him hurt me again.

I swallowed hard, feeling my tears threatening to fall because of the overwhelming feeling drowning me. I felt dizzy, I felt like I was going to pass out, my chest felt so heavy and my thoughts were all over the place.

"W-wala naman akong ginagawang masama.." I responded to him nervously when he finally got closer to where I was sitting. But it seems like he didn't hear what I said because without hesitating, he landed his palm on my face. I closed my eyes tightly when I felt the powerful force of it. For a brief period, I felt numb throughout my entire body as the pain penetrated to my heart.

My tears flowed once more as a result of the sorrow it added to how hard and heavy I'm feeling right now.

"Have you already told her about how badly I'm treating you, huh?! And, more than likely, you'll make yourself look so damn pathetic in front of her, showing how innocent you are, leading her to believe I'm the one who's at fault here. Where in fact, it's you! It's always you who always tries to play innocent, despite the fact that you're a complete demon on the inside! You're a fucking evil, Ciara!"

"An evil who was so desperate to tear us apart. Now tell me, what did you tell her, huh? Tell me!" He cried and unexpectedly, I had no idea he'd wrap his arms around my neck and choke me to death. My lips trembled as I felt how difficult it is to catch a breath.

I did nothing.

I tried to reach and hold his hand to remove it, but it's to tight and my hands were too weak to stop him.

I-I can't breathe.

"T-tyron... B-bitawan mo.. a-ako. Hindi ako.. m-makahinga!" I mumbled. I couldn't even talk properly because he tightened his grasp on my neck even more, and my uncontrollable tears streamed down my cheeks, making it even harder for me to breathe as my chest tightened.

"T-tyron..."

"What? You're going to die now, huh?! I told you not to show up to her but you still did! Ang tigas kasi ng ulo, ang simple lang ng pakiusap ko sa'yo  yet you can't even do it?! Stupid!" He blurted out.