Chapter 2

“Ha! I knew it was you! Lee Y/N! I used to call you Icen before right?!  Because you always loved Ice creams since we were young! Remember?!” she shouted while clapping her hands and kicking her feet causing the other people in the room to look at us confusedly.

“Wait? Chippy?! For real?” I said to her with a mix excitement and confusion in my voice.

“Yes! I can’t believe you didn’t recognize me!” she smacks my arm.

“so you guys know each other?” Jisoo looks up from her phones suddenly butts in. And we both nodded to her in agreement.

“How did you two meet?” asks Lisa who is now walking towards us with Jennie beside her. And sat beside Chaeyoung.

*flashback*

I was 9 years old then. I was walking around the park when I saw a brown haired girl being bullied by 2 boys, who I think is about the same age as me, and getting her candy from her hands.

“Hey! Leave her alone!” I shouted as I ran towards them and pushed one of the boys away from her.

“What if I don’t wanna? What are you gonna do about it nitwit?” one of the boys said as he walk towards me.

“Yeah. Go away, if you don’t want to get hurt.” the other one said and pushed me hard enough to make me fall on the ground.

They turned their backs on me and started to get the candy from the girl again then she started to cry. I clenched my fist as I stood up.

“I said, Leave her alone!” I ran towards one of the bullies and tackled him towards the ground.  I straddled him and held on to the collar of his shirt while I raised my other hand, ready to punch him. But before I could do anything, I didn’t notice his fist coming from my left, punching me right across my face, causing me to roll over to his side. I held on to my left cheek and groaned because of the pain, the bullies got up and ran away, leaving me lying on the ground.

I felt a hand caress my shoulder. “Are you alright?” I looked up and saw the brown haired girl in front of me.

“I’m fine. I think?” I sat up still rubbing my left cheek.

“Thank you for making those bullies go away.” She says smiling while looking down at me.

“No problem” I smiled back at her as she stood up and held out her hand to me. I took her hand to help my self stand up and shake off the dust and dirt from my clothes. “By the way, I'm Y/N Lee, what's your name?”

I'm Roseanne Park” she smiles.

“Do you want to hang out and buy ice cream?” I asked looking at her with a bright smile. "My treat."

“Sure.” We walked to the ice cream shop nearby. I bought two chocolate ice creams for the both of us. Before we got out of the ice cream shop I already finished eating my ice cream so I bought another cone.

As we walk around the park and talk about each other, I can’t help but notice her cheeks. Like seriously, it looks soooo squishyyyy.

“You know, you have a very cute cheeks. Haha, you look like a chipmunk. A cute one” I teased her as I lick my ice cream.

“Yah! So mean” She slaps my arm and pouts.

“why? I said you’re a cute one” I chuckled as I rubbed my arm that she slapped. “And if I’m mean, I wouldn’t have saved you and your lollipop from those bullies”

“okay, okay.” She looks up at the sky and noticed it almost getting dark. “It’s getting late, my mom may be looking for me now, I need to go home.”

“Yeah, me too. Wanna hang out and buy ice cream again tomorrow?”

“Sure! See you tomorrow, Icen!” she waved goodbye.

“Wait, Icen? Why?” I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at her confusedly.

“Because of your white skin and love for ice cream. ICEn, ICE cream. Get it?” she chuckled while walking backwards.

Ohh, I get it. See you tomorrow. Chippy!” I smiled to her as i waved my hand goodbye and walked home. The park is two blocks away from our subdivision, so I don’t have to walk that far.

When I got home, I saw a chipmun- I mean Roseanne walking from the other side of the road and stopped at the big white house right in front of ours, turns out we lived near to each other this whole time.

Since that day we became friends and we always hang out every afternoon at the nearby park and buy ice cream. We became best friends, we usually spend our time together going to movies, went shopping together, well actually she shops, I just carry all of the things she bought. And at the end of the day, before we go home, we always stop by our favorite ice cream shop near the park where we met.
But after 8 years of being together, me and my family moves to Korea because of my parent’s business. I never had any communication with Rose since then.

*end of flashback*

“Woah, I didn’t know Chaeyoung unnie had a cute childhood friend. You never told us anything about him?” I blushed and look down as I hear Lisa saying that.

“Cute? He's more like a dork” Chaeyoung chuckles as she ruffles my hair.

“A dork? You mean A-dork-able.” Lisa says smirking and raising her eyebrows up and down as she playfully hit Chaeyoung’s arm with her elbow.

I cleared my throat making the four girls look at me.
“Excuse me ladies, but I have to go back to the clinic now.” I said to them as I stood up and picked up my things.

“By the way, Chae, you need to take a rest for a few days to let you ankle heal. I'll check up on it again after a few days.” I said as I finish gathering my things.

"Kamsahamnida, nurse Lee." They smiled as they bowed down.

“You're welcome, it was nice to meet you guys. See you later.” I bowed and waved my hand goodbye before exiting their practice room.