Chapter 19

Y/N's Pov
Seven months later

It’s been seven months since the school started and since I started hanging out with Joy, I also made a lot of new friends, but Joy is the one who I always hang out with. And I was right, Joy is such a bubbly person, she's like a ball of sunshine, always smiling whenever, wherever, it’s like she doesn’t have a single problem and we got along really well. Since both of us have the same course and we both have the same schedule, we became study buddies, we usually help each other out on some subject or topics or share some study habits, our favorite studying spot is the coffee shop near our dorm, and yes, we lived in the same building. If the coffee shop is closed we go somewhere else, most preferably where there’s food.

And when we’re not studying we hang out in our dorms or at the mall, eating and sharing some personal stuffs. And she knows a lot about Chaeyoung, well because she keeps asking about her, it all started when Chaeyoung went to visit me at the campus about a few weeks ago.

*Flashback*

Joy and I were sitting by the tree at the campus’ park one afternoon, were reviewing our notes because we have a test tomorrow, we decided to stay here for a while because the weather feels nice. We just placed some sort of picnic blanket to sit on.
While I’m focusing on my notes, I felt my phone vibrated from my pocket, I quickly grabbed it and read the message.

Park Chaeyoung
OPPA! WHERE ARE YOU?!

Lee Y/N
I'm at school.
Why?
What happened to you?
Are you alright?

Few minutes later, still no reply from Chaeyoung, which made me worried and now I can’t concentrate on reading my book. What happened to that kid?

“Y/N OPPA!” I heard a familiar voice shout my name, I quickly looked up from my book and turned my head around to look for the owner of the voice. Oh no, I’m not ready to see her yet. Seeing her again after all these months made me feel what I’ve always felt before, these butterflies and my heart beating so hard in my chest. After all these months I still haven't moved on? Whyyyy?

“Chaeyoung?” I said while squinting my eyes, looking at the figure running towards me.

“Wah, oppa. Bogoshipeo!” Chaeyoung cried as I stood up, she then wraps her arms around my torso and buried her face on my chest. We haven’t seen each other for  about six months now, well because she’s busy with their schedule and I’m keeping myself bust at school.

“Missed you too, chipmunk.” I chuckled as I pat her head. “So, what brings you here?”

“I have something important to tell you.” She tilted her head back to look at me with a big smile on her face, looking so excited to tell me whatever she's been wanting to tell me, while her arms are still around me.

“Oh hi.” She suddenly pulls away from the hug while staring at someone behind me, which made me look back to see who’s she looking at.

“Chaeyoung, this is Joy, my friend, study buddy, and food trip buddy here in college. Joy, you know Chaeyoung, my childhood best friend and…….. Yeah.” I introduced them to each other, I’ve already told Joy about who Chaeyoung is before and that I had a crush on her before. 

“And yeah?” Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at me confusedly.

“Nice to finally meet you. Y/N has told a lot of nice things about you.” Joy said as she bows at Chaeyoung and Chae did the same.

“Nice to meet you too, unnie.” Chae replied with a smile on her face. “But what does ‘and yeah' mean?”

“So what is the important thing that you wanted to tell me?” I changed the topic, because I know Chaeyoung will not stop asking about what’s the ‘and yeah.’

“Oh right. I made a reservation at the restaurant nearby, I'll tell you there. And Joy unnie, would you like to come too? I wouldn’t take no for an answer.” Chaeyoung asked Joy to come with us, but when Joy was about to reject Chae's offer, I cutted her off.

“She would love to. Right?” I smiled at Joy who just nodded her head in agreement as I placed and arm over her shoulder.

“Great! We’ll have time to get to know each other more.” Chaeyoung claps her hands in excitement. “So, let’s go?”

-------------
At the restaurant

I’m sitting beside Joy, and Chaeyoung is sitting in front of me and there’s a vacant seat beside her. These two ladies have been talking to each other since we got here, mostly about the stupid things I did and teaming up in dissing me.

“I remember one time, Y/N cried over spilled ice cream, it wasn’t even his. He said the sight of it broke his heart.” Chaeyoung said and they both laughed while looking at me.

“Aw. I didn’t know you have a  soft spot when it comes to food, specially on ice cream, Y/N.” Joy playfully nudged my arm as I looked at them seriously, but to be honest I want to laugh at my stupidity as well.

“So Chae. What is it that you are  going to say? Is it something serious?”  I suddenly butted in, so they stop talking about me and also because I’m so curious about what she’s going to say, she didn’t even gave a clue about it.

“Not really? But I’ve only shared it to the girls, no one else knows it yet.” Chaeyoung said almost whispering to us as she leaned in closer to us.

“What is it? You’re such a cliffhanger.” I crossed my arms as I pout. I really dying to know what is it.
I leaned in as I asked her in a whispering tone.
“Are you pregnant?”

“What? No!” She protested and laughed then jokingly slaps my arm. “He'll here any minute now.”

He? Who’s he? Don't tell me-

“He’s here!” Chaeyoung suddenly stands up from her seat and went to the door, then hugs a guy wearing a gray hoodie. They walked towards our table the guy was walking behind Chaeyoung and looking down, while Chaeyoung is smiling from ear to ear as she walked back to our table.

“Oppa, you remember Junhoe right?” Chae moved to the side to give space to the guy behind her. The guy looked at me and smiled as he waved his hand at me.

“Annyeong, Y/N hyung. It’s nice to see you again.” He bows at me and I did the same. What’s going on now?

“Nice to see you too.” I smiled at him, but still confused what does he have to do with what Chaeyoung is going to say.

“And this is Joy unnie, Y/N oppa's friend.” Chaeyoung pointed at Joy who's standing beside me.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He bowed again as he greets Joy and Joy greets him back. We all sat back down after the brief greetings. And I still have no clue what’s going on.

“So guys. Y/N oppa. This is it.” Chaeyoung said with a smile while looking at me, then Junhoe, then back at me.

“I finally said yes to him!”

Oh great.