Chapter 27

Y/N's PoV

“I don’t mind if they do actually. Joy is my girlfriend anyway.” I blurted out making them all look at me in shock, especially Joy.

“What?” I asked as I looked at each of them before turning my gaze to Joy.

“Girlfriend?!” The girls, except Joy, exclaimed in unison. Which made me realize what I’ve just said and thought of an excuse.

“Yeah. Well it kinda came out wrong. But what I mean by ‘girlfriend' is she's girl and she’s my friend, sooo…” I quickly made up and shrugged my shoulders.

“Oh. For a second there I thought Joy's dream finally came tr—ah! Hey!” Wendy suddenly shrieked and flinched in pain then looks at Joy who is glaring at her. When Seulgi noona changed the topic, I didn’t pay much attention, but I think they're talking about the Sungjae guy who’s asking Joy out tonight. While they’re at it, I sneakily took a bite from Joy's sandwich that’s in her hand when she wasn't looking. By the way, I’m still hugging her.

“Yah! That’s mine!” Joy exclaimed when she caught me eating her sandwich then moved it away from me.

“It wasn’t my fault, the sandwich seduced me.” I said in defense. She just rolled her eyes and quickly finished her sandwich.

After having our snacks, I decided to split from the girls. They invited me to join them at the mall but I declined and head home instead, I won’t understand their “girl's talk” anyway and the mall will be filled with couples who’s being lovey-dovey with each other, so cringy. When I got home, I spent the whole afternoon playing on the PlayStation before falling a sleep.

Junhoe's PoV
Later that day

“Jagiya, where are we going?” I asked Chaeyoung as she held me by the hand guiding me around wherever she’s going since I have a blindfold on.

“Almost there~” She replied with an excitement in her voice as she held my hand tightly. Few more steps later, she suddenly stopped making me bump onto her.

“We’re here~” Chaeyoung said as she took off my blindfold and in front of us was the gazebo designed romantically, candles and flowers also surround the place.

“Woah

“Woah. You made all of these?” I said amusingly as I roamed my eyes around the place.

“I asked some of my friends for help.” Chaeyoung replied as she tiled her head to the side. “So, do you like it?”

“Are you kidding? I love it.” I replied as I pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead.
“But you know, you don’t always have to do these extravagant surprises for me.”

“But I want to. I want you to always feel special and happy.” She replied as she looked at me in the eyes while pouting, making my heart melt.

“Seeing you and being with you is enough to make me feel happy.” I said with a reassuring smile.

--------------------
After having our dinner we talked for a while and I got so into our conversation that I forgot the time, until Chaeyoung mentioned that it’s almost 9 o’clock. The fireworks are almost up.

“Hey. Before we go. I also have a surprise for you.” I smiled as I stood up from my chair, walked toward Chaeyoung and reached out for her hand which she gladly took. I guided her towards the edge of the gazebo, facing the lake and anticipated for the fireworks to start.

“What is it? What is it?” She asked excitedly like a kid as she looked around the  park surrounded by darkness since the only light is from the gazebo.

“Look up at the sky.” I whispered in her ear as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder while she wrapped her arm around my torso.

Few seconds later the fireworks display started, little by little the sky starts to be lit up with different colors  from the fireworks that also has different styles.
I turned my gaze to Chaeyoung who is watching attentively with amusement written all over her face and slightly tearing up. Out of all the people who fell head over heels for her, she chose me, a goofy nobody, well not completely a nobody, but there are probably someone better than me, but she still chose me over them. And I know I’m lucky to have her, aside from she’s pretty and multi-talented, she also has the kindest heart which made me like her even more.   I didn’t realize how long I was staring at her and I think she noticed it and turned her gaze to me and asked if there’s anything wrong, I just shook my head in response and smiled at her before turning my gaze back to the fireworks. It’s almost done and the last set of fireworks rose up and exploded revealing a huge red heart. Making Chaeyoung cover her mouth using her hands in amusement.

“Jagiyaa. I really loved it. Kamsahamnida.” Chaeyoung said as the fireworks ended and hugged me tightly.

“Jinjja? Good, because there’s one more.” I said as I reached for my pocket and took out a small red box and opened it revealing a ring.

“A ring? What is this for? You're not proposing are you?” She raised an eyebrow at me while smirking.

“Don't worry, I’m not proposing yet. It’s just a promise ring.” I took the ring out of the box and grabbed her right hand.

“Okay. What are you promising?”

“I promise that I won’t do anything to hurt you, cherish you, stay with you no matter what…” I paused and slid the ring to her ring finger.
“And marry you and build a family with you in the future.”