Chapter 22

“You look good together.” I mumbled. I didn't mean to say it, it just suddenly slipped out, I must be thinking out loud, huh.

“Thanks.” She replied with a wide smile

I placed it back on the ground and just grabbed a pair of scissors and started cutting small hearts from a red colored paper. I think she’s planning to make some sort of explosion box. Everything that’s in the box was hand made, she even made about 20 something hand written letters in that box.

“Oppa, Chaeyoung. Dinner’s ready.” Joy shouted from the dining area. I quickly dropped my scissors and stood up.

“Yah, let’s eat first, we can finish this later.” I poked Chaeyoung’s cheeks to get her attention.

“Just a second.” She said without looking at me and focusing on cutting the paper. As soon as she finished cutting, I took her scissors away and place it on the coffee table, then grabbed her by the hand and went towards the dining table.

Dinner was good, I didn’t know Joy could cook this well. Joy and Chaeyoung was chatting while I didn’t mind them that much and just savored this bibimbap and bulgogi that I’ve been craving for days. After eating I took initiative and washed all the dishes, and went back to helping Chaeyoung, Joy also came and helped us. We finally finished it around 9pm, Chaeyoung thanked us for helping her tonight, I asked if I could give her a ride back to their place, because it’s already late and it’s dangerous outside, but she refused and said that their manager is there to pick her up.
When she left Joy decided to stay for a while, she's sitting on the couch while watching a cartoon, I plopped myself beside her, I kinda felt uncomfortable from my seat so I looked for what's making me uncomfortable using my hand, and I felt some sort of paper stuck between the sofa's cushions and took it. I took a closer look at the paper and saw that its one of Junhoe and Chaeyoung’s picture together, she must’ve left it behind.

“What’s that?” Joy scooted closer to me and laughed when she saw picture.

“What so funny?”  I looked at her with furrowed brows.

“Oh, Nothing.” She stopped laughing and placed a hand on my chest.
“Wait, did you hear that?”

“What?” I asked her confusedly.

“Your heart breaking into million pieces.” She said before busting out laughing again.

“Aish, go home and take a rest. I’m sleepy.” I went to the door and opened it for her.

“Arraseo. Goodnight. Don’t forget we still have to help Chae setting up the place for her surprise tomorrow.” She teased and nudged my arm before heading out.

Sigh. Why did I agree to this?

---------------
The next day

Chaeyoung, Joy and I went to Junhoe's apartment around 5 in the afternoon to prepare, I took the banner that has “Happy 1st Month Anniversary” written on it and hanged it on the wall of the living room, Chaeyoung even have helium filled balloons floating around the room, and each one has a picture of them tied using the balloon's string, we then placed some romantic candles on the tables and scattered petals of roses on the ground and forming a heart shape. Joy and I arranged the living room, while Chaeyoung is in the kitchen arranging their food.

After we finished fixing the living room a stood back and looked at the place, satisfied with the outcome, we went to the kitchen and tell Chae that we’re done, she then thanked us and offered us some food that she prepared, after eating, Joy and I decided to split and went back to my dorm.

“So, how was it?” Joy asked with a sheepish smile as we ride the elevator up to my room.

“How was what?” I asked confusedly.

“Dying, after seeing everything she’s doing for him.” She chuckled.

“It feels good.” I replied sarcastically as I crossed my arms.

“Even if you didn’t say a word and pretended that you’re okay, it’s pretty obvious that you died a little- wait no, A LOT inside.” She laughed and I just looked at her in annoyance.

“You’re such an evil friend. You don’t need to rub it on my face, you know?” I laughed, even though she’s annoying me like this and teasing me when it comes to Chae, I still love her, AS A FRIEND, because she’s the only one who can help me feel better lately.

“I know, but you still love meh.” She clings on to my arm and pouted.

“Ew no. You disgust meh.” I said and imitated her “meh.”

“Without me, you’re probably lying on your living room floor crying to yourself. And no one is going to cook you bulgogi and bibimbap when you’re craving for them.” She said in a cocky way and crossed her arm. But she right, without her I would’ve been depressed by now. What did I do to deserve a friend like her? Whoever dates this girl is a lucky one, she knows how to cook, she's a caring person, she can always light up your day just by smiling, knows how to make most of the people laugh, has a good sense of humor, but she's a bully and her future boyfriend/husband has to bear a lot of teasing. Like A LOT.