Chapter 20

“I finally said yes to him!” Chaeyoung exclaimed with excitement as she holds both of Junhoe's hands. Junhoe on the other hand is smiling ear to ear while looking at Chaeyoung.

Oh great. What a great timing you are.

“Really? Congrats you two.” I faked a smile but I felt that damn stinging pain in my chest again.

“Thanks hyung. And you’re invited to our wedding.” Junhoe says as he wraps his arm around Chaeyoung’s waist and his other hand still being held by Chaeyoung.

“WHAT?!” I said in a high pitched voice as I jolted up from my seat.
“WEDDING? ALREADY? HOW LONG HAVE YOU TWO BEEN DATING?” I was expecting that they will date soon. But marriage?! I didn’t prepare myself for that yet!

“Aniyo.” Chaeyoung chuckled and playfully hit Junhoe's arm.
“Junhoe is just joking. Were not getting married yet, we’ve only started dating like 7 hours ago.”

“But still. We’ll get there soon babe.” Junhoe said before planting a kiss on Chaeyoung’s cheeks.
Please make this dinner end quickly.

The whole time we just talked about what we’re up to recently, Joy is starting to get very close to them, specially with Chaeyoung, then Chaeyoung shared how Junhoe courted her for about six months. I just kept on listening and acting as if I'm fine and not dying inside as they flirt in front of me. Well I guess from now on I'll just be the supporter of their love story. I may be hurting but as long as Chae is happy, I’ll be fine. And as long as Junhoe don’t play around with Chae's feelings he'll be fine, or else I’ll break every single bone in his body.

----------------------------
After dinner all of us went home, Joy and I were walking towards our dorm. And I haven’t said a word since we got out of the restaurant.

“Oppa. Are you alright?” Joy asked worriedly as she tilted her head so she could look at my face.

“Yup. Why?” I replied in a quite ‘happy' tone and faked a smile as I looked back at her.

“No you’re not.” She pouted, she then walked ahead of me and stopped to block me. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m alright. I swear.” I chuckled before walking around her, few steps later, she’s walking beside me again.

“You still love her don’t you?” She said flatly which made me stop from walking. I clenched my fist as I look down trying to hold back the tears I’ve been keeping since dinner. But this time I can’t keep it in anymore and just let it out.
While doing so, Joy went in front of me looked at me for a few seconds before pulling me in for a hug and rubbing my back.

“After all this time, I thought I’m over her. Guess I was wrong.” I chuckled to myself as I wrapped my arms around Joy's torso and burying my face on the crook of her neck.
“I thought avoiding her and keeping myself busy these past few months can help me move on. Few days ago I thought to myself ‘I’ve moved on from Chaeyoung now, even  if I see her now, I’ll be alright.’”

“Want to talk it over ice cream?” She whispered in my ear which made me move my head back to see her face, only to find her smiling but her eyes we’re full of concern.

“The last time I had my heart broken by Chaeyoung, someone also offered me an ice cream. And guess what, it didn’t work.” I laughed as I wipe away my tears using the sleeve of my jacket. “How about we go out and drink?”

“Drink? Nuh uh. We have school tomorrow. What if we both pass out at the bar?” She said crossing her arms. She’s right anyway.

“Okay then. How about we go home and drink? I think I still have sojus in my fridge.” I said as I smiled sheepishly and earning a smack in the arm by Joy.

“Are you serious? You drink alcohol?” Joy said with a furrowed eyebrows.

“I don’t drink, I just display them and keep them in stock in case of these kind of situations.” I said as I placed an arm over her shoulder and continued on walking.

“Fine. Just don’t take advantage of me if I get drunk.”

“There’s nothing to take advantage of.” I laughed as I tease her, and this time I earned a hard slap across my face.

“You can drink on your own.” She stomped away after pushing my arm off her shoulder.

“I was just kidding. Mianhae!” I shouted as i held my laughter while running after her but she just kept on walking.
“I’ll buy you chicken.” I shouted which made her stop from her tracks and stood there for a moment before walking back to me.

“You walk so slow. You’re such a turtle.” She said as she grabs my hand and pulls me to walk faster.

After buying her chicken, we went straight to my dorm room, got the bottles of soju from my fridge and some snacks. I placed a thick blanket on the living room floor together with some pillows and placed our food there then picked some dvds we could watch.
Few movies later, I look at the clock and saw its already 12 midnight, I looked back to Joy who is now peacefully sleeping while hugging a pillow. So that’s why she’s not answering my questions earlier.
I turned off the TV and slowly picked Joy up and carried her bridal style towards my room, layed her down on my bed and tucked her in with a blanket. I stared at her for a while and tucked some hair covering her face behind her ear. I’m so lucky that I met her, she makes things a lot lighter.
“Thank you and Good night.” I whispered in her ear before kissing her forehead.

*End of flashback*