Vampire Levi x Reader (Modern Time) ~ Different Taste

{Requested by Renisimon}

Note: I will say this once and only once to those that keep making the joke.

This story is sparkle-free. You can stop with the joke now.

Anyway, continue to your story.

Man, wandering through an alley while it's raining sucks. Why can't I just get a car so I don't have to do this every day?

You snuggled deeper into your hoodie and continued trudging through the dark alley near your apartment. Yes, it was your daily routine between your home and work since they were both a reasonable walking distance away, but this was the first time you were having to head home while it was pouring; not even a simple sprinkle or light downpour. This was a major rainstorm, the kind that would need a flood warning to anyone planning on going out during that time.

And sadly, one of these people was you.

Not only were you soaked by now, by you were overheating as well. This wasn't a freezing rainstorm, in fact it was the opposite. It felt more like the rainstorms you'd find in a tropical forest; humid, soaking, and over the regular tempurature instead of under.

At least I'm almost home, you thought once you turned a corner out of the alley, only to bump rather violently into someone. Yelping, you jumped back and almost fell back in the process.

"I-I'm sorry." You stuttered a little. You heard a small 'tch' from the person you bumped into, causing you to look up in curiosity.

Immediately your cheeks flushed. There, a rather small man stood, clad in a black leather jacket with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, revealing his slender forearms. He also wore dark grey pants along with black laced boots, the majority of said boots hidden by his pants. The man's black hair was soaked and his bangs stuck to his forehead, but the main thing you could point out from all this was that he had quite the pale skin. It certainly didn't look like the skin of an albino or a deceased person, but almost inhuman, to be specific. In your opinion, he looked depressing more than anything.

"Hey... I've never seen you before." You said a bit nervously. "Did you just move nearby or something?"

The man hesitated to answer. "Why does it matter to you?"

"I was just curious." You emphasized, noticing how rude the man was at first.

The man sighed, "Yes, I moved nearby. Let me guess, you live near here as well?"

"Mhmm." You nodded your head lightly. "This might be a bad time for introductions. Could I, perhaps, take you inside?"

Again, the man hesitated to answer, but he nodded his head once. Smiling gently, you lead him inside to the lobby of your apartment complex.

"By the way, you looked like you didn't have any intention of getting inside from the rain." You said as you opened your mailbox with the key you always carried. "Could I ask why?"

"That's an unneccessary question." The man retorted, and all you could return for the moment was a confused look.

"Okay...? Could I at least ask what your name is then?"

"Rivaille Ackerman. Just call me Levi."

"_____ (L/N). A pleasure to meet you, Levi." You turned to the man, Levi, and held your hand out. After hesitating yet again, Levi returned the greeting and shook your hand.

Does this guy always hesitate this much? you thought.

"Anyway, which apartment do you live in?" You asked once Levi let go of your hand. "I live in 3-E."