Imagine: Johnny

Imagine: Getting jumped and Johnny cleaning you up

I whistle an Elvis tune as I put my arms behind my head and look at all the pretty sunset clouds. It's practically the end of school and you can smell summer creeping up on you. "Hey, (Y/N)." A raspy voice calls out. I sit up and see Johnny standing there, slouching (a horrible habit), with his fists buried in his worn down jean jacket.

"Hey, Johnny." I reply softly. Everyone in the neighborhood (for the most part), speaks softer to him, because of everything that goes on at home from him. Trying to be funny and make him laugh, I joke, "be careful, Johnnycake, you'll squash your cigarettes if ya keep buryin' your fists any deeper in 'em."

Johnny nervously smiles and chuckles a little. "Say, that new Elvis movie's out and Ponyboy's busy and ol' Dally's in jail an' the rest of the guys are at a race."

"Sounds fun." I get up and try to rid my skirt and hands of any dirt. We start walking towards the movie house. Johnny can be a little shy, so I don't chat up a storm with him. We enter the movie house, get our tickets and some popcorn, and enjoy the movie.

I think some of the Elvis movies can get pretty cheesy, but this was was actually pretty good. Johnny and I start walking back to our territory as a red corvette drives passed us. Everything that happens next happens quickly, so I'll just sum it up for you: the Socs get out of their car and push Johnny and I into an alley. They start cutting me up and I can hear Johnny yelling too.

I start hoping to pass out, I know it's weird... but what else would you hope for? When I come to, I feel stinging on the places I got cut. "Ouch." I hiss, wriggling away from the cloth

"Sorry, (Y/N), I ain't tryna hurt you." Johnny's soft voice apologizes

"I know you're not, Johnnycake." I feign a smile, despite all the pain I'm in. Johnny looks concentrated and frustrated. "What's wrong, Johnny?" I ask

"You ever hear those stories about life-changin' experiences and it makes people think a new way or realize somethin' they never knew before?"

"Er, sure, Johnny." I reply, "What's all this about?"

"Shoot, (Y/N), I had one of those... I-I think I'm fallin' in love with you." He confesses, looking at his dirty converse. I gently lift his chin up and kiss his chapped lips. Johnny freezes a bit first, then slowly starts to kiss me back

"I think I had one of those too, Johnny." I reveal, looking down at my own lap too, trying to hide a wild blush. Curse my teenage hormones.

"Will you be my girl, y'know, like hold hands, kiss-" Johnny asks, scratching the nape of his neck

I gently kiss him again, getting a butterfly feeling in my tummy. "Of course." I reply, pulling away, looking at his puppy like eyes.