Imagine: Soda

"I'll

"I'll... take you to see the Sound of Music." Johnny said

"No, Johnny." I laugh, shaking my head as we sit in the gentle shade of the tree in the lot. I rip up some of the grass, bored out of my ever loving mind.

"Buy you an icecream or lemonade."

"You're nearly broke, Johnny. Don't suggest things that cost money when they can be used for cancer sticks." I laugh

"Shoot, Ali, guess you're right. I just wanna see you with Soda, he really digs you."

"Yeah right." I sigh, ripping another bit of grass out of the earth. Grass isn't something I'd see a whole lot where I grew up. The streets of New York City. It's all grey with little color, minus the spray paint here and there. Central Park was nice too, but I didn't get to see it that often. I just did what I could to survive. Dallas, my brother, and I have been on the streets since we were ten. Our parents died from some bullshit they had in their bodies. I can feel you pitying me and I'm going to have to ask you to not. It's okay. Life ain't fair, never has, never will be. I don't care who you are or where you came from, life won't work out for you sometimes. It's okay, you just learn to accept it eventually.

Johnny and I start to get bored in the lot, so we decide to take a stroll around town. Our stroll eventually leads us to the DX station, because it now has air conditioning. I can't tell you how happy Soda and Steve were when that happened. Darry was a little salty about it himself, since he's out in the summer sun all day working on roofs.

I see shirtless forms of Soda and Steve horsing around in the DX building. My cheeks start to fluster at the sight of Soda. "Y'know that he digs you real well, right, Ali?"

"Yeah sure," I reply nonchalantly. I can't imagine a good looking guy like Soda digging me. He looks like an actor, and I'm just plain Jane, with the good grades and girl scout personality. I'm fairly opposite from Dally. He's softer to me and Johnny. When it's just us, he sometimes calls me Ali-bear. Look, I know it sounds out of character for Dallas, but he can really be sweeter than expected behind closed doors. He hasn't found the right girl yet to make him a nicer guy... if it's possible for him to be nice.

"Hey, Ali!" Soda smiles as Johnny and I walk in

"Hi, Soda." I tuck some loose hair behind my ear, smiling back. Steve snickers in the background and Soda shoves him playfully. Johnny and I spend a few hours with Soda and Steve, and then we decide to get out of there.

"Hey, Soda, don't forget you have that thing tonight." Johnny reminds him, before we walk out

"Yeah, I know." Soda winks and chuckles after. "See y'all around."

Johnny and I chant our goodbyes and walk towards Buck's. "I'm gonna be in the park later on tonight, will you be there?" Johnny asks

"I think Dally'll be too drunk to stop me." I smile

"Alright, see you later on." Johnny says, dropping me off at the front steps of Buck's. I think Buck Merril's establishment and yard is one of the deadest, saddest looking things ever. It's the true stereotype of a southern yard. 

~~Hours Later~~ I creep out of Buck's raging party. Dally's in the corner, his face being eaten alive by some girl with black hair and nails. I mentally wish him good luck and remind him to wear protection as I walk out of Buck's. Summer nights here are cold, but I was at least smart and brought a jacket. I walk to the park and don't see Johnny. He might be caught up with one of his parents or Two-Bit dragged him off to some expedition in town.
I gently rock back and forth on the swings, waiting for Johnny when I hear the crunching of grass. I turn around and see Soda standing there, like a deer in headlights. "Hey." He says softly "Hi." I reply, my eyes slightly widened at the sight of his clean jeans, button up shirt, and lack of shoes. "I thought you were Johnny." "Aw c'mon, I'm not short." He smiles "'sides, the plan worked." "What plan?" I stand up and raise my voice. Plan?! What elaborate, stupid plan could this be? "Johnny told me you liked me and then I realized I had the Jones for you too." "Bullshit, you're here to make a fool out of me, Soda. I know it!" "I may be dumb, but I ain't dumb enough to mess with a Winston." He smiles and leans in to kiss me "Curtis!" I hear Dallas drunkenly yell, as he stumbles into the park "I... s-see you kisssssin' my sistah'." He slurs, running zig zag to Soda "Not yet I didn't." Soda suddenly kisses me on the lips, making my stomach do somersaults. Sodapop pulls away and we see Dally's eye twitch furiously in the moonlight "I'M... GONNA KKILLL YOU, SODAPOP CURTIS!" Dallas screams, stumbling and trying to keep his balance as he chases Soda. I laugh as Soda runs away from Dal, as Dally screams curses and threats at the top of his lungs to Soda.