Imagine: Darry

There was a new arcade installed in town

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

There was a new arcade installed in town. It has bright lights on the outside that illuminate the whole street and invites everyone to come play a game. I walk into the arcade and look around. There's quite a few machines that people are crowding around, eagerly awaiting their turn. I dig in my pocket as I wait for a turn on one machine.

I look over to my left and see a group of about five or six boys. I recognize two of them right off the bat. Steve and Sodapop, they work at the DX and they're real dolls too. I see a tall boy, that's real muscular as well. I blush and look down, trying to avoid staring. I go to a pinball machine and put my quarters in.

I start to play the game and concentrate on it. After a few rounds and many quarters down in the machine, I feel someone's shadow looming over me. I honestly expect it to be Christopher, from the Brumly Boys, watching me play here... again. I turn around and to my delight, it's the athletic boy.

"Sorry to bother you, I'm just waitin' my turn."

"It's no problem." I say quietly, turning back to my game. I try to concentrate, but I still sense his cold, yet welcoming presence behind me. I eventually give up and and let the boy have a run at the game.
After using up all my quarters, I go outside for a smoke. I light up and lean on the building, helps my social nerves. I take a few drags and blow out the smoke, feeling at ease and one with myself. Less edge to me now. I hear the heavy footsteps from combat boots and the same (I cannot and will not lie), gorgeous late teens early twenties boy. "Use up all your money?" I ask coolly, blowing some smoke out

"Somethin' like that." He replies nonchalantly in a deep southern accent. That's Tulsa for you. "Want a weed?" I ask, offering him my pack

"You really shouldn't smoke." He tells me, not in a totally bossy voice, just sounding like he's warning me in a nice way.

"Takes some of the edge off. Makes me an easier person to be with, even though I ain't got many friends." I reply tuffly

"Yeah, I got some friends who smoke a whole lot."

"Tuff." I respond, not caring much, but also not knowing what else to say. I mean, he is really hot, but I've never been noticed by anyone like him.

"Never told me your name." He scratches his clean shaven jaw

"Y/N... yours?"

"Darrel, you can call me Darry." He holds out his hand for me to shake, which I gladly do. He has a nice, firm handshake, usually it's a sign that someone's got a good personality... makes sense since I've seen my share of loose handshakes.

"So, if I asked you out... say uh next Saturday at 7:30, would you cut out the smoking?"

"Depends, are ya gonna waste my time?"

"Not one of those kinds of guys." He admits

"Then you have a deal." I smirk, beginning to walk off. Lemme tell ya somethin', I can be a real shy gal, but I've never had this much of a bit. It actually feels good to be fierce. Fierce... maybe that's how I'll start describin' myself.