Chapter 1 - This is Berk

--------------------

Hiccups POV:

--------------------

This is Berk. It's 12 days north of hopeless, and a few degrees south of freezing to death.

My village. In a word, sturdy. It's been here for several generations but a lot has changed.

We still have fishing, hunting and a charming view of the sunsets.

And so the only other upsides are the pets!

You see Berk isn't quite the Island you remember. It's been two years since I met my mother and let's just say, she changed our life for the better.

Life here is amazing! But there are some updates you should know.

You see where most folks enjoy hobbies like widdeling or needle point, we berkians prefer a little something we like to call..... Dragon racing!

Where we begin is one of mums ingenious updates called the dragon games. Just like Thawfest but for all dragons and their riders. To test the bond between both rider and dragon. A contest of trust and danger.

Next I should probably update you on Berks relationship status. Let's start at Ruffnut. With Eret now living on Berk, Ruffs flirting has certainly been entertaining if I do say so myself. As for Fishlegs and Snotlout they still try to win her over but by the looks of things, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Tuffnut is still single, thinking relationships are for the weak, but then for me and Astrid nothing has changed. As to the other members of the gang they refer to us as the lovey-dovey couple, the future couple of Berk. After a while of them bringing this up it kind of got embarrassing now that I'm chief and all.

Speaking of which training dragons has been much easier now with Toothless by my side as Alpha of all dragons. People now say we will go down in the history books as the Chief and Alpha who saved Berk. As Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, the Dragon Master. I'm very proud of this title when people refer it to me. Reminds me of how they no longer think I am the fishbone I was when I was 15 before I defeated the Red Death.

Running the village has been tough and I wasn't exactly ready when I was handed the position. But after these passed 2 years it turns out it isn't so hard with dragons now living amongst us. And I still get to enjoy life and explore the world with Toothless because I have the spare time. I have made Eret my man in charge while I'm away. He seems to be a natural. I have discovered so many new lands and I can't wait to find new dragons. I just hope that maybe somewhere out there, there is another night fury.

Toothless, even though he has the other dragons is still lonely without another of his kind. I think with him watching me and Astrid has just made him more jealous. I hope to come across another of his species one day so he won't be alone. Not that he is now of course. He has made good friends with Cloudjumper a storm cutter, my mothers dragon. I'm starting to worry for him actually. When ever he eats he tends to barf it back up because Toothless is still hungry and gives him the puppy eyes.

So with that, Berk is pretty much perfect. I'm just about to enter the new Dragon Games for this month.