Chapter 13 - Late

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

"Yep, got that, yes that's there." I said to myself as I packed my bag to leave for spite island. "What do you think bud? Maybe some timberjacks, a skrill, maybe another storm cutter there to train?"

"Grrrgrrwaww."

"What? You don't want to go?" Toothless turned his head and picked up my bag. "Hey! Wether you like it or not we are going." He pulled my bag open and tipped everything on the floor grabbing a fish out of it. "Oh, you just wanted the fish. Great now I have to clean this all up!" I sighed as I picked up the stuff and shoved it back in the bag.

"Gr gr gr gr grrr." He laughed at me.

"Come on let's go." I walked out the house while he flew out the roof to meet me outside.

"Come back soon ok dear." Mum told me as I walked out the door.

"I will just don't turn the town upside down while I'm gone." I smiled.

"Just promise me you won't be long. Ok? OK?!"

"Alright, alright I'll come back as soon as I can." I replied as she gave me a hug.

I began to walk towards the house Heather was staying in. I knocked on the door where a tired Heather answered it.

"What?!" She asked.

"Ahhh!" I shouted almost falling back. Her hair was a mess and I have no idea what she did to her face during the night. But you could tell she was not a morning person. It looked like a troll answered to door.

"What?" She asked again.

"Um you ready to go?" I asked pointing at toothless.

"Where?"

"To your island so I can train the dragons." I looked at her with concern as if she had forgotten.

"Oh I forgot, give me a minute to get dressed and pack." I stand corrected.

I sat on the near by cliff looking down at the village waiting for her. Astrid walked by.

"Leaving already?"

"Yeah I want to leave now so I get back sooner. Hopefully in time for Thawfest and the next dragon games." I answered as she sat next to me hanging her feet off the cliff.

"Your..your going to be gone for a month?"

"Hopefully not. I'll try and be two weeks at the most."

"Don't come back any later or else!" She punched me in the shoulder.

"Owww! What did I do now?"

"That was just a warning of what would happen to you if you did come back late. Except what would happen would be much worse." She threatened.

"I guess I'll be back early then." I said worried about what evil thing she was thinking of doing to me when I got back.

"Good." She kissed me goodbye as Heather came out with her hobblegrunt she named Grease.

"Ok ready when ever you are!" She said hopping on Grease.

"Why did she call her dragon that? It sounds ridiculous." Astrid whispered to me. "If she gets up to any funny business just air mail me with the terrible terrors and I'll come chop her head off with that axe you have me."

"Why's it always violence with you?" I said smiling at her.

"It's not violence, it's communication." She answered helping me on toothless. "No longer then two weeks. I mean it!" She said giving me another kiss as to took into the sky following Heather on Grease.

--------------------
Astrid's POV:
--------------------
3 weeks later:
--------------------

"Where is he?!" I yelled.

"I don't know why you asking me?" Ruff answered.

"If he dies I'm gonna kill him!"

"How is that even possible, like he's already dead, you can't kill him again." Tuff said answering my rhetorical sentence. I gave him a death glare. "Never mind."

"I'm going to look for him! Are you guys coming or not."

"Of course we are." Ruff and Tuff spoke at once.

"It's so claustrophobic on this island." Tuff told us dramatically.

"We need a break from Berk anyway. I'll go round up the others." Ruff said walking away.

"Ok I'll be waiting in the square for everyone. We leave as soon as we can to spite island." I ordered walking over to Stormfly.

"Hahahahahaha! Oh Astrid you crack me up!" Tuff said rolling on the floor laughing.

"What did I do!" I said helping him stand up.

"Spit island. Who in Thors name named the island that, hahahahahaha!"

"Spite you idiot!" I said pushing him back on the floor as he continued to laugh.

Everyone was in the square.

"Ok let's go! Follow me."

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

Ahhhh! What am I going to do? I'm stuck on an island half way between Berk and spite because lightning broke Toothless's tail. We can't even fly. Now I'm stuck trying to find something to make a new tail. I guess bucket was right, there was a big storm coming. At least I know how to hunt. Otherwise I would have died on this island a week ago. Not that I'm going to live for much longer anyway with Astrid waiting to kill me at Berk for being late.

This island is completely empty except this particular new species I came across that I call quick changers. They change to look like other dragons so they can lour them onto the island for food. Pretty violent if I do say so myself but they can't turn into a night fury because they haven't seen enough of them to know their exact form. So for now I'm safe with Toothless and not a million copies of him.

"What are we going to do bud?"