Chapter 6 - Astrid saves the day

--------------------
Hiccups POV:
--------------------

So here I am, being carried through the woods in a cloud of smoke. I could see one of the smoke breaths next to me carrying my sword. Ok this was my chance. My only chance to get the smoke and get back to the gang.

I grabbed a small flask out of my pocket and forced open the mouth of the smoke breath carrying my sword. I put the flask under his lip and got the liquid smoke. I let go of the dragon and he fell to the ground dropping my sword. I hit the three other dragons carrying me by my leg. And I fell out of the sky.

I tried to catch up to my sword that fell with me. I was getting closer to the ground. I was so close now that I was about 3 seconds away from hitting the top of the pine trees. I grabbed my sword catching it just in time and letting my gliding suit out.

I clearly didn't think this through because I was gliding heading right for a cliff wall. I can't just stop....I'm going to hit it! I prepared myself for the harsh impact that could kill me. Thank Thor a few breaths before hand Astrid grabbed me on Stormfly.

My eyes were still shut, believing that I hit the wall and was dead. I look up to see Stormfly carrying me and Astrid had fainted on her.

The smoke breaths chased after Stormfly trying to grab my leg again. She head down to the beach where toothless stood on a rock and stared at the smoke breaths with his eyes like a cat making a strange noise. Suddenly the smoke breaths flew away forgetting about me and my metal leg. Stormfly landed on the beach where Astrid fell off and I caught her in my arms. I put her next to Stormfly on the sand to wake back up slowly.

"TOOTHLESS! You did it bud! I can't believe it, you learned how to use that alpha noise of yours!" I gave him a hug and the rest of the gang stared at me. "What?" I asked them.

"You have no idea do you?" Ruffnut said.

"About what?" I said concerned.

"Didn't you see what Astrid just went through for you hiccup?" Eret asked me shocked.

"Wait what?" I asked them all and they just stared at me in shock.

--------------------
Ruffnuts POV:
--------------------

Flashback:

All I knew was all my armour was being torn off me while I was covered in smoke. I turn around two seconds later being carried in the mouth of Barf where I see Astrid screaming Hiccups name and racing over to Stormfly where she hops on her and flys after him.

We all stood on the beach watching the show play out. Astrid ran to the end of Stormfly's tail and jumped off attacking one of the four smoke breaths attached to hiccup. Also reclaiming her axe in the process damaging the wing of one smoke breath hiccup looked like he had been strangling or something.

The smoke breath started falling to the ground unable to fly along with hiccups sword and Astrid. While hiccup was hitting the other smoke breaths off of his leg Stormfly caught Astrid when hiccup fell after his sword.

He caught it a started gliding towards a cliff. Astrid then leaped off Stormfly grabbing hiccup with Stormfly catching her by the leg. Then Stormfly put Astrid on her back and hiccup in her claws when Astrid fainted.

The smoke breaths continued to chase after hiccup when toothless made some weird noise and they flew away. Stormfly landed on the beach and Astrid fell onto Hiccup off Stormfly. Hiccup clearly didn't see Astrid at all because he just put her down and ran over to Toothless. We all stared at him in shock.

End of flashback:

--------------------
Hiccups POV:
--------------------

They all told me the story of Astrid saving me. I didn't even know she was there until when she caught me. I was amazed. I looked over at Astrid who was still lying in the sand with Stormfly covering her with her wing.

--------------------
Astrid's POV:
--------------------

I wake up staring at hiccup and the rest of the gang staring at me.

"AHHH!" I yelled shocked with everyone staring at me the second I open my eyes.

"Astrid that was amazing!" Ruff said. It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about while everyone else's jaws were on the floor.

Hiccup helped me up and gave me a kiss.

"Thankyou." He said staring into my eyes.

I smiled and gave him a hug. Then I backed away and gave him a punch in the ribs.

"Don't scare me like that!" I yelled then giving him a kiss back.

He smiled and I smiled back.