Chapter 14 - Saved

--------------------
Astrid's POV:
--------------------

"Heather!" I shouted as I landed on Spite island with the gang.

"Oh, hi Astrid nice of you to drop by." Heather said as she walked towards me with grease. "My island is perfect now. Everyone is at peace with the dragons. It's amazing! You'll have to thank Hiccup for me. He left before I could."

"Wait Hiccup's not here?!" Fishlegs said hopping off Meatlug.

"No, he left a week ago. Why?" Heather asked confused.

"We came here to find him. He hasn't returned." Eret said patting Skullcrusher.

I couldn't speak. I wanted to but the words just wouldn't escape me.

"So he's not on your island?" Heather asked again now worrying.

"No we thought he was on yours still." Tuffnut stated.

"Did anything happen when he left?" Ruffnut asked.

"No, well there was a big storm over the ocean but I thought he would just go around it."

"Wait so your saying he went through it!" The words finally escaped me.

"I don't know, but if he isn't at Berk by now, we better go find him!" Heather said hopping on grease.

"Are you ok Astrid?" Snotlout said heading towards me as I just froze in one spot looking at the floor.

"What... What if he drowned." I said as a tear escaped me.

"Astrid. This is Hiccup we are talking about. I'm sure he would be fine." Ruffnut said trying to calm me down.

"Yeah he could totally swim with one leg and a dragon that can't fly!" I said as another tear fell from me.

"Astrid!" Eret shook me straight. "He is fine! We WILL find him and it will be fine Ok!"

I just nodded and got back on Stormfly.

"Ok where do we start looking!" Heather asked.

"He would have been heading to Berk, so I say we head over the ocean and check the islands." I instructed.

"Ok gang you heard the girl, let's go." Eret said as we took off.

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

"What do we do bud?" I said looking over the ocean wondering how I'm going to get back.

It was obvious I wasn't going to get off this island flying. Toothless's saddle was completely destroyed. There was nothing left of it. That lightning disintegrated it! I stood up and gave Toothless a pat.

"Don't worry bud, I'll find a way!" I told him, but I knew this was one promise I probably couldn't keep.

I thought of Berk, mum, the gang, Astrid. Will I never see them again? How are they coping without a chief? What if they need my help? Astrid?! I promised her I would be back. She's never going to forgive me. She must be so worried.

A tear ran down my face. Toothless nudged me.

"It's ok bud. I'll think of something, I hope." I muttered the last part.

--------------------
Astrid's POV:
--------------------

"There! The first island!" Yelled Ruffnut as we began to glide down towards it to look for Hiccup.

I was so worried, I was beginning to think that I'll never see him again. We landed and searched the island. I met everyone back at the beach.

"Find anything?" Eret said as he got off Skullcrusher.

"No." The rest of the gang answered.

"Well I found an old friend!" Snotlout yelled as he walked over with a purple terrible terror attached to his leg trying to bite it off. He trained this terrible terror when we were fifteen to bite him for some reason. I guess he found it again.

Another tear fell to my feet.

"Don't worry Astrid. There is still one more island to go. He is probably there." Eret said again shaking my shoulders trying to stop me from crying. We took to the sky again.

"There it is!" Tuffnut yelled as we landed on the last island.

"Please Hiccup, please be here." I whispered to myself.

"Ok everyone you know what to do. Leave the dragons on the beach and search the island." Eret said walking into the jungle. I walked along the beach hoping I might just come across him.

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

I lay on the sand staring at the clouds with Toothless sleeping next to me. I heard a weird noise. Like footsteps. It's probably just one of those quick changers again. I close my eyes not caring when I hear Astrid scream my name. Probably me just falling into a dream. I hear it again and again as the footsteps got louder. I sat up with wide eyes and turned my head to see Astrid land on me and kiss me. I smiled as she hugged me crying.

"What happened to you?! You scared me to death!" She yelled hugging me tighter. I just hugged her back not responding. The rest of the gang ran out of the jungle as well as Heather after hearing Astrid. I helped her stand up while tears kept running down her face. I wiped them off and gave her another kiss.

"I thought I would never get off this island!" I said as the gang fell to the floor happy they found me. They looked really tired. "Wait how did you guys get here?"

"Oh, where do we start?" Eret said lying in the sand.

"Well Astrid was worried about you so we went to Spite..." Fishlegs was cut off.

"Hahaha, spit, pft hahahah!" Tuffnut laughed pathetically.

"SPITE island to find you. Then Heather said you left a week ago so we went to look for you on the islands in between Berk and Spite and here you are." Fishlegs finished.

"I feel sorry for our dragons they must be passing out from all the flying." Ruffnut said as Snotlout sat on a rock trying to pull the terrible terror off his leg.

"Wait you brang your dragons?!" I said as I let go of Astrid.

"Well duh, how else where we supposed to get here. Swim?" Tuffnut said looking at me like I was crazy.

"No!" I ran along the beach the direction Astrid came to get to the dragons. The gang ran after me.

"Hiccup what's wrong now?! Astrid said running next me.

"Well on this island I came across a new species. I call them quick changes."

"And what's wrong with that, we have a new dragon to put down in the book of dragons." Fishlegs said trying to keep up with me.

"They shape shift! They change to look like a specific dragon to lour them into the island to eat them."

"What! But what about Toothless?" Snotlout said limping with the dragon still attached to his leg.

"They can't turn into a night fury. They haven't seen enough of his species so they don't know his true form."

"What about our dragons!" Ruffnut said sprinting next to Tuffnut.

"They can turn into them so let's just hope they haven't found them yet. Otherwise...otherwise there is going to be a lot of copies of them."