Chapter 10 - Snoggletog part 2

--------------------
Astrid's POV:
--------------------

We walked to the great hall other wise known as mead hall where I see Tuffnut and Ruffnut standing out the front. Each year Ruff and Tuff make a list of the people that are aloud to party at the great hall. They include everyone except Snotlout but this year it looks like they didn't include Fishlegs either.

"Look princess, I got you the purple yack. NOW LET ME IN!" I heard Snotlout yell at them. With a yack covered in purple paint behind him.

"Yes! They do exist!" Tuff said to his sister.

"So... Let me in." Snotlout said again.

"Oh, did we say one purple yack we meant TWO purple yacks. Sorry." Ruff said holding the list the twins wrote for Snotlout and Fishlegs. A number of things they want before they can enter the great hall.

"Then it's a good thing, I brought a spare. NOW LET US IN!" Fishlegs said walking over with another yack covered in purple paint.

"Ok let us check the list." Ruff said handing tuff the list of items they want from Snotlout and Fishlegs.

"Yep got that, yep that's good there, yeah you brought us that we need lots of those...and, oh no, it's not here." Tuff said checking the mountain of things they brought the twins.

"Yeah I can't see it either!" Ruff backed up Tuff.

"WHAT, what are we missing now?!" Snotlout and Fish both said at once.

"Your missing seven rainbow coloured timber jacks." Ruff said showing them the list.

"What! You just wrote that down." Fishlegs yelled at them.

"No we didn't."

"It's in a different coloured ink." Snotlout said.

"Alright, alright you two. Let Fishlegs and Snotlout in. Chiefs orders." Hiccup said as we approached the doors of the great hall.

"YES! THANKYOU HICCUP!" Snotlout and Fishlegs screamed as they ran through the doors.

"Dibs yack-butter." Snotlout yelled as he ran towards the snoggletog food.

"Oh thanks a lot Hiccup. They were willing to give us anything!" The twins told us as we started walking in. Hiccup just shook his head as we entered.

We sat down at the table with the rest of the gang as Tuff and Ruff came in.

"I thought you guys were outside checking if people could enter or not?" I said sarcastically.

"But everyone's inside." Tuff said and we laughed.

Snotlout and Fishlegs sat down with two huge plates of yack-butter foods.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Ruff said to them both.

"What, we're hungry." They both replied.

"So what did you guys get each other?" I said to the gang.

"Well I got ruff a necklace with a zippleback scale on it." Eret said stuffing his face with chicken.

"It was so sweat!" Ruff said blushing.

"Hey hey, don't get your hair in a knot. It was just a friendly gift." He replied.

"I got Ruff a gronckle iron helmet." Snotlout said. "But Ruff 'Accidentally' kicked it off the side of the cliff.

"Oh that's where that helmet came from. That's what I tried to give Ruff too after I found it washed up on the beach." Fishlegs said. "But then Ruffnut used it as target practice for the present she got Tuff."

"Yeah her present was awesome! She got me a new mace." Tuffnut said picking his new mace up from under the table. "Best mace ever. I called it macy. Isn't it a good name!" Tuff continued proud of himself.

"And I got Eret a helmet. I gronckle iron one. It's been through a lot in one day." Ruff said staring down Snotlout and Fishlegs who spat out their food when they heard she gave their present to Eret while he just had a blank face with a mouth full of chicken. We were all silent for a few seconds.

"Anyway Hiccup fixed my axe and made it awesome!" I said kissing him on the cheek.

"Wait I swear I saw that axe on trader Johann's ship when I got the helmet for Ruff." Snotlout said.

"It's a long story." I replied not wanting to explain myself.

"And Astrid got me some more squid ink." Hiccup said holding my hand under the table.

"That's nice but one question, where on Odins good planet is my present?!" Snotlout said disappointed in us.

"And mine?!" Fishlegs added.

"Oh I got everyone something. A snoggletog gift from me to all of you. I'll go get it now." I said as I left the table.

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

Astrid left the table and went to the kitchen.

"What could she possibly have got us?" Fishlegs questioned.

"I think I can smell what it is!" I said covering my face with my hand as Astrid walked out of the kitchen with a tray of cups filled with her yacknog. She put the tray on the table.

"Happy snoggletog everybody!" She said proud of herself sitting back down beside me. We all stared at the tray trying not to breath for a few seconds.

"Oh, is that the time? We should probably be getting home." The twins said leaving their seats and racing out the door.

"Yeah me too!" Snotlout added

"Me three!" Fishlegs said exiting the Great Hall.

"And I'm just SO full I can't possibly take in anymore food, sorry Astrid." Eret said also leaving.

Astrid turned to me. Oh Thor what am I going to do. Without being rude I took the tray off the table and said off the top of my mind.

"Oh I'll take it Astrid. Your yacknog is delicious. But it is pretty late so I'm just going to take it home if that's ok with you?" I said trying not to sound rude.

"Thanks Hiccup. At least someone around hear appreciated my cooking." She said gesturing to me.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek at left the hall carrying the tray of foul stuff to my house. I ran to the cliff behind it and threw the yacknog over.

Thank goodness I didn't have to drink that stuff. I might not have lived to finish the second cup.