[Chapter nine]

Justin's pov:

I'm laying on the couch on my back, looking up at the ceiling. My mom should be home any minute from work but I'm not worried about that. I don't know what I got myself into.

Jake kissed me, I kissed him back. I liked it, I think. Raegan saw us and didn't look happy. Does he not like Jake? That doesn't make sense though, he was pretty much always nice around him.

"Hi honey." Oh shit, I didn't even hear her come in.

"Hey mom." I say.

"You feel okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, just confused."

"Why?" She asks sitting on the couch. I sit up and look at her.

"Do you think you can tell me what's going on if I tell you what happened?" I ask just desperate to know why Raegan is mad at me.

"Depends, I'll try." She smiles.

"O-okay. So, my friend Jake came over today. He brought ice cream and we had a great time. Then he asked me if I thought I ever had a chance with Raegan and I said I don't know. He also asked if I thought him and I ever had a chance. Again, I said I don't know. He kissed me, and I kissed him back. I didn't know if I wanted it or not but I couldn't stop kissing him. I love Raegan, but I couldn't stop. He told me he liked me before he left."

"Ok, so what's the problem?" She asks.

"Raegan came over and kinda caught me on his lap kissing him. He lost his words and he looked upset. I don't know why. He left and then a little while ago I went over there but kept telling me to leave. He just kept saying stop, get out. Or go away. I don't know what I did." I say. She starts laughing.

"What, what's so funny?" I ask.

"Justin." She says. "He likes you."

"What? N-no he doesn't." I stutter.

"Yes he does. Why else would he be mad that you kissed another boy. Trust me, He really likes you."

"But he has girlfriend and says he's straight."

"Well I feel bad for his girlfriend. That's not going to last long." She smiles.

"Moom!" I whine. "How do you know for sure?"

"If he only thought of you as a friend. He wouldn't mind you kissing another boy, but he did. He's jealous."

"I want to say your right, but I'm assuming anything yet or bringing my hopes up." I say.

"Whatever you say." She gets up from the couch and walks into the kitchen. I lean back and slouch on tbe couch. Could he really like me? I don't believe it.

"Justin, do you want to invite Raegan over for dinner?" She asks.

"Should I? I don't know if he will come though."

"Try." She says. I grab my phone and go to his contact.

Me: I know you are mad at me for some reason but my mom invited you for dinner. I would like for you to come?

I stare at my phone for a good five minutes waitint for a response. I see now he's typing.

Raegan: I don't know if I should. I need to really talk to you soon though.