[Chapter twelve]

Justin's pov:

I get back to my house and see Jakes car in my drivway. I get out and go to his car. He sees me and opens his car door, getting out. He hands me the dairy queen bag and gives me a little, fake ass smile.

"Thank you so much love." I say and kiss him. He nods and we both go into my house. Like everyday, we walk over to the couch and sit down.

"Babe, I'm so sorry. I just thought you maybe blew me off after school which was a stupid assumption." I say.

"So you decided to go with Raegan?" He asks.

"He talked to me after school and it's a long story. But I forgive him."

"I thought you said he's out of the picture." He says. I look at him, confused.

"I meant as someone I like. He's still my best friend." I tell him.

"You sure he's just your best friend?"

"Yes of course. He has a girlfriend and I have you." I say to him.

"Ok." He smiles. A real smile. "I believe you. I'm sorry." He says.

"Don't worry about it." I smile back at him. He kisses me and I feel my cheeks heat up. Even though it's still not the same spark as I had with Raegan.

[Next day at school]

Jake and I walk into school, our hands locked. He went home last night but funny enough I saw him in the parking lot.

We walk to his locker first. He puts in his combination and opens it.

"I should go to my locker, Raegan is going to be looking at me." I say.

"Sure, go with your best friend before your boyfriend." He says not looking at me. He's still taking stuff out of his locker.

"Baby." I put my hands on his cheeks so he's looking at me. He stops what he's doing and looks into my eyes.

"Raegan is just my best friend." I hate to say it but I hated saying that sentence I just said to him. "Nothing more." I shake my head. He nods, pulling my hands off of his face.

"Go to Raegan, I'll see you later." He says and shuts his locker. I watch as he turns around and walks quickly down the hallway. Ugh.

I walk down the hall, the opposite way Jake went, to my locker. I see Raegan standing there on his phone.

"Hey Rae." I say going up to him. He looks up from his phone and smiles at me.

"Where were you?" He asks hugging me. My cheeks get hot as I lean my head on his chest.

"At Jakes locker, but I told him you would be waiting for me so I left. He didn't seem happy that I wanted to leave and come see you." I say opening my locker.

"Does he not understand that we are just best friends?" He asks.

"I can tell he doesn't like me around you because of the fact that I used to like you and he probably still like I do and-" I say as I take off my books and such out of my locker. He's still looking at me. "It's just confusing." I slam my locker.

"Yeah, well tell him you like him now. He should already know that because you two are dating." He says.

"I know." I shrug turning my body towards him.

"Hey but that's what you get for not listening to me." He smirks.

"Huh?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I told you he's not good for you." He says.