[Chapter ten]

Justin's pov:

"Jayyy! Wake up." My hears adjust to my mom coming into my room, clearly yelling.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"Come on get up. It's ten o'clock and Raegan is coming over at eleven." She says.

"I'm sorry, what!?"

"It's Sunday, and I am not letting you wait another whole day to make things right. Get ready and come eat downstairs." She says.

"Ughh!" I groan and get out of bed.

"What am I supposed to say to him?" I ask still trying to wake myself up.

"That's what this hour you have before he comes is for." She smiles innocently and runs out of my room.

"Oh my god." I mummble to myself and grab some clothes and a towel into the bathroom to shower.

[At breakfast]

"I can't believe you invited him over." I say eating my cereal.

"You will thank me later." She says cleaning the dishes.

"He'll be over soon." She says cleaning the last dish and drying her hands. "I'll be upstairs."

"Already?"

"You took a long ass shower. He'll be here in ten minutes." She laughs and walks upstairs and I hear her bedroom door shut. I finish my food and throw it in the sink. Ha, now she has one more dish to clean later. (Me😂)

I wait anxiously on the couch. The doorbell is going to ring any minute and it's going to scare the shit out of me but I know it's just going to be Raegan. What do I say? What will he say? Are we not best friends anymore?

The doorbell of course scares me. I jump off the couch and walk to the front door. I wait a few seconds before opening it and seeing him standing there.

"Hey." He says. I allow him to walk in and I shut the front door.

"Can we talk?" He asks. I nod walking over to the couch and sitting down. He sits down next to me.

"I'm sorry for kissing you yestarday." He shakes his head. Wait what?

"You don't have to be sorry." I say. "Did you not want it?" I ask.

"I mean, I was asking you about Jake because he's done stupid things in the past. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Hold on. You didn't want to kiss me?" I ask. My voice is breaking slowly.

"I-i dont think so." He shrugs.

"You don't think so. What the fuck does that mean?" I ask raising my voice a little.

"Justin, you're my best friend. I don't want you dating Jake." He says.

"What is wrong with you?" I yell.

"Justin, I-"

"I was happy you kissed me. I thought you actually liked me because I like you too. Why would you do this to me?"

"You like me?" He asks.

"Don't even Raegan. Did you notice the way I kissed you back yestarday?" I ask.

"Yes, I just thought maybe you also got caught up in the moment." He says.

"Got caught up in the moment? Are you fucking serious?" I yell.

"I'm sorry." He says. I can hear the hurt in his voice, but right now I don't care.

"So you kissed me to get my mind off of Jake and so that I wouldn't date him. You left like that yestarday because I went too far?"