[19] Her Butler, Competitive

The parlor doors burst open not even a few seconds later, and Yuki came in, arms entirely filled with heavy trays, each holding a multitude of drinks and kettles, and behind her, Salvador followed, while his own pair of hands held a clearly steaming hot tray. I sat up in shock and my eyes widened, along with everyone else in the room as we tried to press ourselves as much as we could into the seats to avoid being trampled by their obvious enthusiasm. Mey-Rin, the twins, and Finny stumbled in soon after, obviously not yet completely awake as Baldroy shoved them all into the room, his own smile wide.

"We heard you were all awake, so we made some food!" Salvador proudly explained, setting the tray down as Sebastian quickly removed the China to save it from being crushed. The room slowly but surely became filled with the smell of the oh-so-familiar Mexican spices, and my face lit up in a wide smile. Ciel's eyebrows twitched in agitation at the loud announcements, but more so when he glanced down and saw a number of servants fallen on the ground, sleeping soundly on top of each other as Yuki began passing out the snacks, not caring that it was now four in the morning and too early for breakfast.

As she shoved a plate of enchiladas into Ciel's hands, she turned to look at me."So, what were you all discussing that's more important than sleep?"

Eagerly, I snatched the plate from Yuki's hand and quickly began cutting into the Mexican dish, mouth watering already from the smell alone. Salvador hadn't made these in months (since he lacked the motivation to do anything within the kitchen most of the time), and they were ridiculously good. Or maybe it was just that I've never had any other Mexican food, but I doubt his aren't considered exquisite in his home country.

"My Lady, you've had quite a lot to eat already, aren't you full?" Sebastian asked, eyes a bit wide as I continued chewing happily. His comment made me raise an eyebrow at him and Rodric quickly intervened, smiling nervously and waving his arms in front of him.

"My Countess just simply loves food," he explained, and Sebastian quickly nodded. "Please let her eat as she likes... please."

Yuki slapped her fan that she always seemed to carry around on Sebastian's head with a frown.

"Don't question a Lady's etiquette!" she snapped.

"Back to answering both Prince Soma's and Yuki's question: The coffeehouse West owns has a main dish of curry. In other words, West is trying to get a 'Royal Warrant' with curry." Ciel explained, hesitantly biting into the Mexican dish.

"I thought you said you didn't like spicy foods." I pointed out, and almost immediately, his mouth began to emit flames, while he frantically reached for his tea as his face turned a bright shade of red. I chuckled and shook my head as Salvador watched in confusion, scratching the back of his neck. Sebastian and Rodric quickly went to work to extinguish the flames, but Ciel's temper did not simmer.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he snapped, pressing a napkin against his tongue while he glared at me. Continuing to bite into my food, I rolled my eyes and pointed the fork at him. When I opened my mouth to speak after chewing what I had in my mouth, Salvador quickly stepped in, bowing his head a bit in remorse.

"Discúlpame Conde, I didn't think that it was that spicy, I forgot that not everyone has such a tolerant tongue como mi Condesa1," he apologized, but Ciel looked away.

"Yes, well, it's terribly spicy." he said once more, before pushing the plate away, "If it was less so, I would say it was delicious."

Salvador's wide grin broke out when Ciel spoke, and he saluted him with another bow, his hand going up to caress his mustache.

"Yo me encargo de eso, Conde2!" he exclaimed, before sprinting out the room with Baldroy right at his heels. I gave a soft sigh, glad that there had been no disrespect. As I turned to ask Yuki for more, I saw Soma's timid hand in the air, as his other held a now empty plate.