[31] Her Butler, On Edge

"WHERE IS MY SUITCASE?!"

"I'M USING IT, GET YOUR OWN!"

"THAT IS MINE!"

I cringed, cupping my hands around my ears as the twins continued bickering loudly a floor below me, almost like a pair of children arguing over their favorite toy.

Yuki clicked her tongue and continued folding my dresses into my third baggage, eyes closed. She seemed to be rather focused on her job, but I knew for a fact that that was not the case. In reality, she was fuming. I hadn't been able to pinpoint the reason, but I was fairly sure it was because I hadn't told her my decision before following through with it.

Salvador had actually been rather pleased to hear that we were traveling across the ocean and had finished packing before anyone else. Not including Rodric, of course.

He had actually been rather indifferent to the entire ordeal and only asked if I had planned to bring along the Phantomhive's. Of course, I had a plan in mind.

"I can't believe you're using the poor boy," Yuki said with a sigh, snapping the last latch shut, "I mean, it's not below you, but it certainly is surprising that you would pick him, of all people. Even that ridiculous Prince would make a better impression..."

I stared at her in disbelief and she herself caught what she was saying before continuing, shaking her head as if she was erasing her previous comment.

"Any who, you're all ready, dear. Now it's just a matter of time before the twins finish and we can leave."

Nodding, I thanked her and quickly made my way downstairs to see how I could possibly settle their dilemma. There would be no wiggle room for their unnecessary fights on this trip, especially if she was going to be there.

I sighed and walked into their bedroom hands folded at my front.

"Are you two do-- DROP THAT LAMP THIS INSTANT, ERIN!!"

Both twins froze in their spot, eyes wide and mouths gaping. Eren was standing on the bed with his hands outstretched towards his sister, who was holding a lamp high above her head, ready to strike at his legs in an instant. The lamp clattered to the ground a few seconds later and they both rushed over to me on their knees, blabbering over each other as they tried to explain the situation.

"He stole my--"

"--I didn't have my own--"

"--threw a book at me!"

"--bit my arm!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and shut my eyes, slightly relieved as three distinct footsteps skid to a stop behind me, resulting in the twins inhaling sharply.

Yuki's fan flew past my head and Rodric's gloved hand shot by on the other side, each hitting the top of a head with a harsh slap whilst Salvador's laughs echoed throughout the room. I couldn't help the small smile that had begun to slowly grow on my own face but the realization that neither of the twins had packed a single article of clothing turned my hint of humor into an icy scowl, which easily caught everyone's attention.

"Countess?"

I crossed my arms and glanced to Yuki in irritation.

Everything had to go smoothly, and it was not going as such. I could almost feel my stress begin to rise.

"Get them ready." I snapped at Rodric, shaking my head at them both one last time before I made my way to the carriage that was already in wait for us all outside.