[30] Her Butler, Invited

- | Lethal Reunion Arc | -

Not long after, the Queen left the Palace with warm farewells, leaving us with the content and motherly after-effect she always seemed to leave behind wherever she went.

The serene sensation however was easily broken by Prince Soma's childish sobs as he jumped on Ciel, hugging him tightly from behind as Agni watched with a small smile and shake of his head. Thankfully, I had stepped away in time to avoid being drowned by his tears.

"Stop it!" Ciel shouted, livid now. "How long are you going to keep crying?!"

Sniffling, Soma pulled himself off Ciel almost painfully, wiping away at his runny nose and tears as Ciel continued to berate him for his immature actions.

"You said you were seventeen, act like it!" He sighed heavily, hand now at his hip.

I giggled at the Prince's continued efforts at trying to stay strong, but his tears would not stop. Out of pity, Yuki handed him a napkin, which was quickly soaked and used in a matter of rather disgusting seconds.

"Honestly, Prince," I said, placing a hand at my chin. "You needn't be so emotional."

Soma again began to hiccup small sobs and with a small bow, Agni made himself over to his master, consoling him as best as he could to keep him from making another scene.

Thank heavens for that.

Behind me, footsteps began to make their way closer towards us all, and judging by the congratulatory remarks the DelMare and Phantomhive servants were making, I could only assume that it was Rodric, holding the trophy nonchalantly in his hand as he smirked with each compliment.

I too turned to face him, arms at my hips in pleased satisfaction.

"Countess, I assume it would be time for our departure?" He said, bowing and holding the statuette out to me.

Salvador, Yuki and the twins stood behind him as he spoke, each flashing me a smile to signify their unspoken agreement to whatever I chose to do.

Taking hold of the small statue, I glanced back to Ciel and was met with an approving nod all the while his own servants waved eagerly to us, eyes shut and smiles wide. I returned the warm smile with a tilt of my head.

"I suppose our business here is finished."

-

Despite the chilling weather that was slowly beginning to warm, Rodric had managed to have the manor heated and ready for its regular activities as soon as we had returned from the Crystal Palace, pleasing me and the others tremendously.

"You certainly are amazing, Mr. Rodric." Erin said, taking off her coat and hanging it to dry.

Eren nodded and did the same, shaking off his hair as he did so.

"Oh, rubbish. He's a lying prat, is what he is." Yuki spat, rushing over to bring me a warm cup of tea as I sat down in the drawing room's sofa, "Chef, my goodness what next, are you also the gardener?"

Salvador chuckled at this but made no further comment, biting into a biscuit as he once again proved to be the pacifist in the group.

Rodric, however, was one to push buttons.

"My, how embarrassing it must have been for you to be thrown out in front of the entire Palace." He snickered, polishing off the trophy that now stood amongst the other prizes the DelMare's had won. "After all, it's not as if you had been causing a ruckus."