[28] Her Butler, Victorious

Rodric dipped the tongs into the pot of oil once more, pulling the now golden and crispy bun out and gently placing it back on its plate with a small smile, obviously content win himself now that he had caught the judges so off guard.

"Now it is complete." He told them confidently, bowing his head slightly. "This our company's curry."

Still unconvinced, Chef Higharm exclaimed to Rodric once more in another complaint. "But where the devils is the curry!"

Besides him, the Viscount had already begun to cut into his own golden bun with narrowed eyes, and at once let out a sharp cry, making Ciel jump in his place.

"Th-The curry... is spilling from the inside!!"

Agni and West both shouted out in disbelief whilst Ciel and I only blinked in surprise, impressed at the feat Rodric had just managed to pull. Even Sebastian nodded in approval, eyes closed, smirk wide and hand at his chin.

"This is the curry that our industry proudly presents to you," Rodric said, hand now at his chest, "and its name is... the curry bun!"

The name echoed loudly from the mouths of the audience members, bouncing around until finally the Viscount lifted a small chunk of the bun in the air, silencing everyone with a simple flick of his wrist.

"I must taste it!"

I bit the inside of my cheek as the judges chewed the bun yet my worries were set at ease instantly.

"The contrast between the crunchy exterior and the fluffy interior of the fried bread, not to mention the thick, robust curry finish... It is a most skillfully formulated study in textures!" Mr. Carter shouted, continuing to eat into the dish with rapid speed.

"The truly magnificent aspect of this dish is it structure. 'Sealing' the curry in the bread it was a stroke of brilliance! The bread literally seals the curry's taste, aroma, everything about it, and blooms in the instant one's knife cuts into it!

Moreover, the chicken is toothsome and contributes nicely to the body of the curry, making for yet another plus to the dish. This is cookery at its finest."

Again, Viscount Druitt began to moan with empty fork held high in the air, eyes shut closed in ecstasy.

"A young girl at the ball that yearns for me to love her tenderly! The mischievous mockingbird like a child in the daytime but in the evening showing her true colors!"

Ciel winced alongside me, visibly turning a pale shade of green with shoulders now raised up in a type of disgusted and somewhat disturbed notion. Sebastian on the other hand seemed to be trying his hardest to contain a few chuckles and so I decided to not ask, hoping that his reason for turning green was not as bad as I thought it was.

"The heartstring pulling smile behind your mask, a young girl, alone... all I would like to do...is hold you tightly in my arms!!"

Viscount Druitt's eyes began to sparkle as he finished the small bun, turning to Rodric now with a content and warm smile.

"Astounding innovation and undoubtable quality!" He exclaimed with a raise of his hand, "What a remarkable and memorable curry the DelMare Industry has given us today!"

Automatically, Rodric bowed and thanked him for the praise, cueing the shouts of excitement that roared from the crowd as even Soma seemed to be satisfied and relieved with the result of Rodric's curry. My hands clapped together once as I proudly looked towards him up on the stage, blown away at how yet again he has surprised me and left me without words.

Hand at his heart, Rodric smirked at me and gave me a small wink before stepping off and following the rest of the chefs back into the waiting room from before.