35

~35~

Clara walked in another office as Sharon finished telling them about their suits. Steve turned to see who entered, meeting Clara's gaze. She quickly turned away, the guilt of not siding with Steve washing over her. She sat down in one of the chairs across from Sam as she looked down at her hands. The room fell silent before a video of Bucky began to play on the screen. At first, there wasn't any sound until Sharron pressed a button.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James." The doctor continued.

"My name is Bucky," the Winter Soldier said coldly.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked, gaining the attention of everyone else as he scanned over the pictured of Bucky outside a van in Vienna. Clara stood and walked over to examine the picture.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can," Sharon answered.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken."

"Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier," Clara added, crossing her arms as she glanced between Steve and Sharron.

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?"

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing," Sam stated.

"He didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads," Clara stated. She had began to realize that Barnes may not have been to culprit.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would," Sharon commented.

"Yeah." Steve clenched his jaw as he looked back at the screen. Suddenly the lights went out and the video stopped, a dim red light filling the room because of the power outage. 
The three quickly raced out of the office and to the containment room.

Sam, Steve, and Clara headed towards Bucky's. cell, though Steve beat both of them. He spotted dozens of unconscious bodies and the doctor. He pleaded for them to help him, playing innocent though they could see right through it. Steve stormed over to him and picked him up by the collar. "Get up," he demanded, slamming Zemo against the wall. "Who are you? What do you want?"

Zemo smirked at the super soldier. "To see an empire fall." Clara's steps slowed as she reached them and stopped at the doorway. In a split second, she turned to her right to see a fist. She ducked quickly before she kicked the solider in the leg and knocked him off balance. He fell to his knee before quickly picking himself back up and punching at the Stark. She threw her arms up in defense before throwing a punch at him and hitting him in the jaw. He snarled at her before he thrust his metal hand around her throat and held his grip tightly. Clara gasped for air as her feet were lifted off the floor. She swung her legs to try and knock him off balance, but it didn't work. He slammed her against the concrete wall, hitting her head against the cool stone. With all her strength she brought her knee up and hit him in the groin. He dropped her to the floor as he stumbled backwards to regain himself. Clara held her head up to see him storming towards her, but he could attacked her again, Steve punched his friend in the face. Bucky's attention turned to the blond as he fought Steve out of the room.

Clara tried to sit up, but stumbled back down due to hitting her back on the wall. "C'mon Stark, he's getting away," Sam urged as he wrapped his hand around her arm and helped her up. Clara was able to steady herself as she followed Sam out of the room.

Upon seeing the broken elevator door, Clara peered up to see Steve climbing up it. "Go find the doctor!" He ordered.

"But Steve..." Clara started.