Chapter 3

A loud scream reached Tom’s ears, making him slowly open his eyes. Looking around he realized he was lying in a pile of rubble, and that his clothes were shredded to pieces. His head hurt. Slowly he reached his hand up to his forehead, only to pull it back with a hiss of pain. Looking down he found a dark red liquid covering the tips of his fingers. What happened? The last thing he remembered was going to the bar, buying a few drinks, getting drunk, and then...lots of screaming...and blood, so much blood. Tom screamed, hands quickly grabbing onto his head. It felt as though his brain was splitting in two. Pain erupted over his entire body, bringing him to his knees. Fear and shock came over him as he watched his hands turn into large black claws. He let out a cry of pain as two horns grew from his head, and he was forced to bit his tongue in order to stay quiet. Tom felt his teeth grow long and sharp, cutting deeper into his tongue, which was now growing longer. Something rubbed against his thigh, and he turned to see a long black tail protruding from his lower back. He cried out again, although it sounded more like an inhuman roar. Tom collapsed onto his stomach, curling up into a ball. After a while the pain started to disappear, but he stayed still, too tired to move. Slowly, he closed his eyes, and fell asleep.