Chapter 5

Edd and Matt sat cuddling on the couch, Edd's head resting on Matt's shoulder, with Matt slowly running his fingers through Edd's thick brown hair. Suddenly Edd's phone began to ring. He quickly reached over and grabbed it. He didn't recognize the number, but answered anyway.

“Hello?” Edd asked.

“Edd?” A familiar Norwegian voice said through the phone.

“Tord?!” Edd said, causing Matt to look down at him with a confused look.

“Uh, yeah, it's me,” Tord replied.

Edd had no idea what to say. He had thought Tord was dead, and to just now learn that he wasn't, brought up a lot of memories, both good and bad.

“God, I thought you were dead. I'm so glad that you're not,” Edd said, letting a few tears run down his face.

“Really?” Tord asked.

“Of course Tord! You’re our friend. We missed you.”

“Even Tom?”

Edd paused, remembering back to the few days after the incident. How Tom had started drinking again, more so than he did before. Matt and Edd hardly ever saw him sober after that.

“Yes, he took it the hardest. Blamed himself for your death.”

“How is he? Is he there? Could I talk to him?”

“No, uh, he left last night and hasn't come back home yet.”

“Wait, you mean he's out there? With those things?”

Edd hesitated, “Yes.”

“Are you serious?! He, oh god, he could be hurt! Edd we need to find him!” Tord cried.

“Tord calm down! We can't just go out there! There are monsters! We could get seriously hurt!”

“Are you even listening to yourself?! You're supposed to be his friend!”

“Tord-”

“You know what? Fine! I’ll find him by myself,” Tord said, slamming his phone down in anger.